The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Dog nappies

Stamford

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi
My elderly female cocker has become in continent. She’s peeing all over the house. I was going to buy some disposable nappies for incontinence. Is it a good idea. Will she know to pee in it instead of on my carpet ? . Not sure what else to do. My house has become smelly.

She won't learn to pee in it rather than the nappy, but if she's incontinent, then chances are she'll wee in it. There are risks associated with her lady bits being in a moist atmosphere with no air circulation, so it's a judgement call. My sister-in-law used a nappy for her elderly dog with no problem, though I think that was mainly just at night.

Have you spoken to the vet about this? They might want to rule out a urinary tract infection, and I believe there are some drugs that can help (though they might have side effects you need to consider).

My old lurcher became incontinent and she was prescribed Urilin and it worked very well with no side effects ...I would take her for a vets visit ....:)

She won't learn to pee in it rather than the nappy, but if she's incontinent, then chances are she'll wee in it. There are risks associated with her lady bits being in a moist atmosphere with no air circulation, so it's a judgement call. My sister-in-law used a nappy for her elderly dog with no problem, though I think that was mainly just at night.

Have you spoken to the vet about this? They might want to rule out a urinary tract infection, and I believe there are some drugs that can help (though they might have side effects you need to consider).
Yes she’s on antibiotics in case she has a uti. I managed to check her urine. It wasn’t showing any bugs. I’m only going to put a nappy on her at night. I put one on her to try this afternoon and she peed in it ! Today I had to wash all the bedclothes as she sleeps on a bed as she had peed at some point through the night. All these problems are so awful. The vet gave her a low dose steroid to make her more hungry as she’s lost quite a bit of weight. Now she’s driving us crazy for food all the time. It’s one thing after another.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back