The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Dog 'raking' wallpaper

ewg46

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I have a six year old springer/border collie cross rescued from Dogs Trust when she was 9 months old. She is a well trained and well behaved family pet but over the last 6 months she has started to scratch off the wallpaper in the kitchen when she is left on her own. I hasten to add that she is not left for more than a couple of hours and has a bed under the kitchen table. The house is alarmed when we are out so she is left in the kitchen and the door to the hall is closed. Other than that she is a wellbehaved pet and causes no other problems.

Any help would be appreciated.

Has this suddenly started or come on over a few weeks/months?

If all of a sudden I would be inclined to say something has spooked her, like a loud bang or something falling of the side, that kind of thing.

When we first moved into our new house we had no curtains and used cardboard to block the window. Oreo for ages was terrified of going to that side of the room and we couldn't figure out why.

Turns out this cardboard had fell causing a bang scaring Oreo.

Perhaps you need tostart at the begining with her and leave her for a few minutes returning with praise and build up. Maybe give her a frozen kong to,chew on to take her mind off your leaving.

I could be completely wrong though, so just my 2 pence worth :)

Hello - welcome to Dog Forum, I am Anna :)

Sounds like Cadac said, something drastic has changed, maybe invest in a plug in stress diffuser, I prefer the Pet Remedy ones for my lot rather than Feliway.

I would also leave LOADS of toys with her - I always leave 5/6 toys in teh kitchen when I leave them in there when I go out along with their bed and a fresh bowl of water...

Thanks both for the advice.

Followed advice and put most of her toys in the kitchen when I went out. Came back and no damage so praised her and gave her a treat. We will see how things go.

Yayyy well done!

I think you owe us a picture now??? :)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back