The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Dog treadmills

Deansie26

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi, thanks for having me.
I was wondering if I could ask your opinions on something I'm thinking of buying for my dogs. I can't always get them out every day for a decent run and came across self powered dog treadmills and wondered what people's opinions are on them?
I'm thinking it might be good to blow off energy on those days, they are not the easiest to walk for dog walkers plus dog walkers aren always keen on the odd day here and there.
It doesn't have a motor so the dog can stop/ slow down when it wants.

Thanks for your thoughts

I'm heartened that you are giving this due thought. There is a lot more to walking than body exercise. Dogs can take in scents, sights and of course sounds of the world around them, and so come back feeling fresh and fulfilled. Treadmill works means nothing to them except exercise, and unlike some of us, they don't get a buzz from walking nowhere.

A shorter walk with you on those difficult days is still worth having, as long as you add some enrichment puzzle games at home. We can give more details if you'd like. Also, it will help us to come up with do-able suggestions if you would specify your reasons why some days you can't walk them.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back