The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Dogs Digging Sofa!

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
When Pixie was a puppy she wrecked our brand new sofa after a week, it had massive holes in the cushions and on the arms, she is now 5 and Rupert is 4 and they still try it, i just don't leave them on there own in the same room as the sofa they get shut in he kitchen if i have to go out.

They have dug a hole in the old sofa we used in the conservatory which they were allowed on all the time when left alone :angry: but they don't attempt it with our leather ones but they have restricted access to the lounge and it's a no go area if we are not home. :))

My 14 yo lurcher is an ardent carpet-digger. So far we've kept her off the sofas, but given a rash Christmas sales decision to have a thick hide leather one from DFS, I suspect that may be short-term.

must be a sight-hound thing? :b

if we had space, I'd get her a sofa of her own. Going for a squishy bed instead if I can find one.

e

Yep - Bluebell digs, she doesn't have access to the sofa unless I'm here to 'bark' at her!

Alfie is an obsessive carpet licker :x

wow thanks for all your replys :thumbsup: i didnt think it was this common, but i feel much better now :D

i think i will try a lose cover sofa when i buy my next one,

as the two that do it are now 2yrs and 3yrs i dont suppose they willl grow out of it!

whippets----dont you just love them :lol:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back