The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Dogs,driving Me Mad!

milly

Who's Y Daddy?
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Sat at home today cos geoffs gone to watch some boxing[bORING].Anyway we have our old bitch in season[22 days]and the dogs are still going mad for her.Is this normal at this late stage of her seaeon or are they both just bitch mad?Icant remember them being this bad before.

HAZEL

:rant:

I SUPPOSE IT DEPENDS ON HOW LONG INTO THE SEASON THE BITCH IS OVULATING FULLSTOP BLEED FOR 28 DAYS, THE ONLY SUCCESSFUL MATING WE HAD WITH HER WAS WHEN SHE WAS LINED AT 21 AND 23 DAYS

Hazel, watch them carefully as years ago we had a bitch mated at 21 days and she had pups. So she must stilll be "giving off signals!!!!" Joan :huggles:

Thanks joan i will.Its a nightmare with dogs and bitches together.

Same as Dee, mine bleeds for a month, mind you we dont think she ovulates so no-one gets interested in her lol

yeah we mated whizziwg (mickey whizz's mam) @ 21 days and she had one pup so be careful lol :lol:

Hazel, it is a nightmare when you have dogs and bitches. What we do when the bitch(es) are in season is bring in the big collapsible cage and put the bitches in it. The dogs stand by the cage sometimes but they "send them off" unless they are ready. We find in the end the dogs give up. :rant: :rant: :rant:

milly is actually shut in the therapy box,but that doesnt stop jack.He woke geoff up at 6 this morning wanting to get in to her.Ididnt hear him,but geoff wasnt very pleased

Was he doing his "Indian Love Call" thats what Saxon Duke does sometimes. He's the only one that "calls" the bitches. He only does it when his mum is in season and not the other bitches. Strange as she is 2 kennels away from him. You will have to do what the Vet. told Michael to do and that is get the most "smelly" aftershave and spray the bitch. That puts them off. Worth a try it works for ours now. Oh! who would be without our dogs eh!!!!! :p :angry: :unsure: :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that what Michael does to you? only kidding ,thanks for your advice.I'll try the aftershave.I'm hoping she'll not be like it for much longer![23days]

:oops: Jack is doing my head in,he won't leave her alone.Geoff keeps telling him he's going to a pet home.He's only joking i think

Hazel, I know it can be very annoying when there is a bitch in season and the dogs start "singing/howling". At times we found it comical and laughed the first time Duke did it. We wondered what it was then we realised. Michael called him "Woolfy".

If the dog(s) are still doing it try spraying both the bitch and the box. Put one of those Varpour candles that give off an odour by the box maybe that will shut them up.!!!! Well you have to try anything as it can be annoying.

Tell Geoff to put some ear plugs in. LOL :cheers:

u can buy a spray from the pet shop wot u spray on the bitch that worked 4 us :D

:) i couldn,t stand it when alabama was in season, spellbound and outbound would stop eating and cry none stop, don't have that prob with her now, but now have this greyhound bitch called Abby :- " and know its going to be hell when she's in season, do you know anyone that will take her Geoff untill she's ready to line, :D o:)

Hazel, is he still "singing". Are you sure its the dog and not Geoff. LOL. Years ago there used to be Amplex tablets that you could give a bitch when in season, but haven't seen any about lately around here. Try putting one of those air freshners by the box and sponge the bitch down with some disinfectant. Well you have to try anything once. Jack is obviously a randy dog. LOL. Have fun. :))

Today milly is 25 days in season.Ihope i'm not speaking too soon but,Jack seems abit more settled today.He tried smelling her once but she snapped at him.Ihope thats the end of it now I JUST HOPE GINNY OR MAISY DON'T COME IN OR I THINK I'LL GO MAD! :lol: :lol:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back