The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

DOGS HEALTH

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Maybe Larry's got a point here ..to a by standers whippets do look awfully skinny...a whippet really has to be kept to its lightest weight,so that it is compatible for your dog to run at its best...i myself have seen some of our whippets on our tracks running far to light for there frame...a good way to tell if a whippets underweight is by the hair sticking up on its back...

Greyhounds are weighed and checked by a vet before they race any default in there weigh stops the dog running that night..ie illness, dehydration,bad feeding habits ect

Does that mean if a dog is too thin the fur in middle of back sticks up ? It so then Wahhhhhhh my puppy is skinny. When she runs around she looks like a ridgeback as all fur stands up like a ridge. She gets as much food as she wants though.

yes its a sure way to tell that the dog is under weight ...i don't know about puppy's though ...i had a pup that was like that and she had a kidney problem and was carrying a temperature

Don't get me worried Dee ... my pup is lactose intolerant but I dont see how that can have anything to do with it. She gets as much food as she likes but it seems spends so much time running around she doesnt have time to eat.

Her brothers however all have plenty on them, must just be an active lifestyle she takes upon herself.

I don't know anyone here (in my circle of showie friends) in Australia who doesn't vaccinate against kennel cough. As far as I know Bortadella is the kennel cough vaccination and it can be up the nose or an injection.

Here in Mackay we also vaccinate against Leptospirosis - the disease carried by rats. It's a killer. And I've noticed that all our import requirements demand that imported dogs are vaccinated against Lepto.

well i know what i saw there was a guy there with a couple of whippets that were to skinny, and one dark brindle one he had what well under racing weight and it was beat easy, so how do you know if your whippets at the right weight for racing

if you raced whippets you would know, your dog will tell you its best weight by its running ability..

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back