The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Donny Osmond.

excuseme

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Oh wow ! what a long time ago.
I woke up this morning with "Donny Osmond's" song on my mind "Until the 12th of never" .I have no idea where that came from, I asked husband if he had a 60s channel on the tv at some time during the night, he said no and that channel 91 was on all night.
While making our first cup of tea, I had to put U Tube on and listened to loads of 60s songs, obviously I had to find the "Donny Osmond" one first.
Old memories; Joe brown, Adam Faith, John Leighton, Jim Reeves, Anita Harris( Chubby Checker, The Twist!! ) oh wow!
Just soo many memories, oh how I would love to turn back the years.

I was a big Donny Osmond fan - I remember seeing the Osmonds perform on the Andy Williams show, which kick-started their fame. Music really does take you back, doesn't it?

Music is great isn't it! I have a Best of The Kinks cd, when I first listened to it I actually hadn't realized just how many amazing tracks they had produced. And isn't it funny, that even if you haven't heard a song for many years, when it comes on you instantly remember all the words... I struggle to remember what I did yesterday usually!!:D

I used to watch the Donny and Marie show when I was a kid 😀 and love the Kinks 😀 watched joseph and amazing colour Dreamcoat with Donny osmond when I was away last month 😀

Oh dear, Donny Osmond. My wife likes him/The Osmands, and other stuff from that era like The Bay City Rollers (until I remind her about the drummer). Me? I'm currently listening to a lot of Judas Priest - their new album out next week so far sounds too awesome for words, just like their last one. Go Richie! I really like 80s synthpop/new wave stuff too, Human League, Ultravox etc.

I'm thinking of asking for a couple of Steve Miller Band compilation albums for my birthday...

The one band I always really wanted to see live was ACDC, they are doing two dates in London this year but even though I spent about 2 hours going over and over the different ticket sites I couldn't quite justify the million pound for a standing ticket!(it was actually around 300 but...) and I didn't want to sit in a rubbish seat for it...ah well...and no one wanted to go with me, which is fine but me trying to find my way round London gave me the heebeejeebees!

I'm thinking of asking for a couple of Steve Miller Band compilation albums for my birthday...
Abracadabra!

The one band I always really wanted to see live was ACDC, they are doing two dates in London this year but even though I spent about 2 hours going over and over the different ticket sites I couldn't quite justify the million pound for a standing ticket!(it was actually around 300 but...) and I didn't want to sit in a rubbish seat for it...ah well...and no one wanted to go with me, which is fine but me trying to find my way round London gave me the heebeejeebees!
Yes, they can be expensive, can't they? London, hate the place. Probably not been in 20 years and no plans to go back.

@Flobo, you could look out for AC/DC tribute band or cover bands? Mr R's old band did a great Highway to Hell as an encore - they couldn't do it earlier in the set as it wrecked the (female) singer's voice! I know it's not the real thing, but some of the tribute bands are really good.

@JudyN I read your post quick this morning and it made me chuckle...
A few years ago I googled ACDC UK tour and to my amazement some dates popped up in a small venue in Nottingham, for some mad reason (I may of had a couple of glasses of wine...:rolleyes:) I convinced myself that maybe they were fed up with big arenas and fancied doing smaller gigs. So I checked my work schedule, all good, and went and bought 2 tickets at £15 each, cool:cool:... I was actually beside myself with excitement and just so chuffed! But slowly over the next couple of hours that little voice in the back of my head was saying 'Really? Are you sure???'
Sooo, I checked and it was ACDC UK, comma, tour.... doh!!!! :D:D:D
I ended up giving the tickets away to someone who lived closer and swallowed the cost for being daft!

Haha, I bet you're not the first, nor the last, to make the same mistake @Flobo!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back