The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Don't Know This Bird

beaker

*blackaholic* with contagious whippetitus
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
this bird has been hangin around for the past few weeks and i don't know what it is,

it is about the size of a blackbird but is very starling in shape

it looks like a starling and a jay had a love child :lol:

does anyone know what it is?

Picturebird_011.JPG

Looks a bit magpiey, you can just see the white coming through?

But then i no bill odie :wacko:

it's quite leggy to

Picturebird_010.JPG

this is a jay

jay1.jpg

beaker said:
i'm not the best photographer in the world so sorry bout the quality :- "
looks abit "choughy" to me tho a bit like most of the uk population now FOREIGN!

J :teehee: HN

Last edited by a moderator:
It's apparently a big pest in Australia - looks a confident little chap doesn't he. Great pics, whenever I rush in for my camera to photo an unusual bird it's always disappeared by the time I get back.

I LOVE THE BIRDS IN SUMMER TIME....NEIGHBOUR OF MINE HAS SOME LOVELY "TITS" OUT IN HER GARDEN WHEN ITS WARM. IM TRYING TO LURE THEM INTO MY HANDS.... :unsure:

J :- " HN

CRIPESSSSSSS WHERES MY CAMERA ? ? ? THOSE " TITS" ARE OUT AGAIN.....PESKY LIL CHAPPIES !!

They are about £80.00 (well they are over here in N.I) it most likely is someone's pet,they are usually very tame and have a huge vocabularly!! We had one years ago called Arthur,after Arthur Scargill :lol: He was a great wee man (the mynah bird,not Arthur Scargill,well he most likely was too,who am I to judge,sorry I have digressed somewhat!!) one fault our Arthur had was his bad language,he'd tell people to f**k off and usually at very inappropriate times too!! I have no idea where he learnt that sort of language :- "

Anyway,it'd be worth catching him or trying to and then putting up an ad in your local shop and pet store saying that he has been found,I would imagine that he belongs to someone and they are probably missing him. :(

05whippet said:
one fault our Arthur had was his bad language,he'd tell people to f**k off and usually at very inappropriate times too!! I have no idea where he learnt that sort of language  :- "
Don't believe this for 1 minute, any one who knows Pamela will know that she is fluent in profanity (w00t) Only joking :thumbsup:

Most "Irish" People are. I myself am quite good but not yet fluent!

Lovely Bird, some one is missing him , I'm sure

thought it looked like a mynah bird too. My neighbours had one for years - noisy beggar. :lol:

Believe it or not - my mam lost a canary once outside - and caught it a couple of days later in a neighbours greenhouse, still very much alive too. :thumbsup:

Claire said:
05whippet said:
one fault our Arthur had was his bad language,he'd tell people to f**k off and usually at very inappropriate times too!! I have no idea where he learnt that sort of language  :- "
Don't believe this for 1 minute, any one who knows Pamela will know that she is fluent in profanity (w00t) Only joking :thumbsup:

Most "Irish" People are. I myself am quite good but not yet fluent!

Lovely Bird, some one is missing him , I'm sure

That is because I own Teazel!! (w00t) you try owning her for a short while,I bet she makes you fluent too! :lol: :lol: She would try the patience of a saint,that one!!

Janimal said:
Believe it or not - my mam lost a canary once outside - and caught it a couple of  days later in a neighbours greenhouse, still very much alive too. :thumbsup:
We rescued a canary last year - walking along the canal tow path about a mile away, we saw one hopping along just ahead, so I told OH to whip his shirt off and threw it over the bird. I think it was slightly dazed from an attack (couple of loose feathers on its head) so it was actually very easy to catch.

We were going to take it to the aviary in the park, but mentioned it to the local kids and the bush telegraph did the rest. Turned out it belonged to our neighbours' son (think a fox had made a hole in his aviary and quite a few escaped), who just turned up and took it back with barely a word of thanks :angry: It was a lovely little bird, much tamer than the ones we used to have years ago.

Maybe you could try the same approach if you want to catch it, with a sheet? I wonder if someone chucked it out at the height of the bird flu scare? I got some chickens dumped on me then too :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back