The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Double Muscling

Just thought you'd like to know that i met a bully whippet today.

I'd been down to the beach with some friends,after which,we headed into Mablethorpe for an ice cream.

We got out the car,& were greeted by a family who had spotted our lot in the car.Couldn't believe it when they announced they had a 9 year old bully,& here she is......

Her name is Poppy,& as you can see she has a badly undershot jaw.All they could tell me was that she came from racing lines,& her breeder was a teacher who lived in Chesterfield.

b3.jpg

b2.jpg

b1-1.jpg

b4.jpg

Oh bless, doesnt she look an old sweetie :wub:

I'm intrigued now as to what non ped she's bred from........................ :blink: :blink:

ETA. Possibly from a dog called Micks Mystery, will have to make some enquiries.

Last edited by a moderator:
:blink: not quite sure what to think! strange looking, thats for sure :wacko:

just out of interest.As anyone had a ped (plastic) or heard of one being bully ???? I know there is always throw backs in non peds good as gold used to throw bully

THECAP said:
just out of interest.As anyone  had a ped (plastic) or heard of one being bully ???? I know there is always throw backs in non peds good as gold used to throw bully
why would it be a throw back? and whats plastic?

masta said:
THECAP said:
just out of interest.As anyone  had a ped (plastic) or heard of one being bully ???? I know there is always throw backs in non peds good as gold used to throw bully

U ALWAYS GET ONE.THE WHIPPET AS BEEN CROSSED SEVERAL TIMES WITH OTHER BREEDS MOSTLY OF THE TERRIER VERITY OR GREYHOUND.HOW U THINK U GET 21" PLASTIC PEDS LOL

THECAP said:
masta said:
THECAP said:

U ALWAYS GET ONE.THE WHIPPET AS BEEN CROSSED SEVERAL TIMES WITH OTHER BREEDS MOSTLY OF THE TERRIER VERITY OR GREYHOUND.HOW U THINK U GET 21" PLASTIC PEDS LOL

you said "throw backs in non peds" throw back to what? surely non peds are a mixture of x's not a classed breed so why throw backs have you read anything re bully whippets and why it occurs?

Vicky - I didn't think Mick/Rick were teachers ...

Possibly a relation to Dark Peak ? (Steinman x Silkies Hurricane)

Or possibly High Peak (Xspell x Dark Peak)

Last time we spoke to Maureen I'm sure she mentioned she was a supply teacher.

Just been on BWRA Website, if it is a relation, High Peak registered birth date 23/7/98 (9 years old).

Could it be because the breed standard only has a recommended height? As this recommended height is 20" for dogs could it be possible that some come an inch =25mm=2.5 cm over?.......................................Plastic is pretty flexible.

Terry Smith

I would think it could be highly likely you are right Elise Dark Peak x Xspell litter - as Maureen was a teacher and may still be doing supply work :D

Im happy with your guess fleesh. I know micks not a teacher but he wouldnt have been the breeder if he had the sire but the area stacked up and she has typical traits. If maureens from that way and a teacher then i think there's the answer. Good bit of detective work!

According to the results of the dog genome project, there was no UK pedigree whippets carrying the bully gene. (see the links at the begining of this thread)

(Apart from Masta's photoshopped one!) :lol:

THECAP said:
As anyone  had a ped (plastic) or heard of one being bully ???? IT WAS A QUESTION masta  wot part do u not understand :- "
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks, good job job weve got people like you keeping us straight :thumbsup: i feel such an idiot sorry :b

did you read the post with the links? you might understand why nobody answered your QUESTION NO WOT I MEAN

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back