The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Drooling?

Wolf

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
My wifes pet dog which she has had from a pup, has started to drool, since she brought a new pup.

The older bitch only does it when the puppy is around her, as when the pup is a sleep she does not do it.

We think it could be something to do with fear, as she is fine other then the drooling. Eating, playing ect.

She is affraid of the pup a bit too, not letting it come near her.

Has anyone else had this strange experince? Is it to do with fear, or something else and how long will it last do you think?

We think when she gets use to the pup, it might get better?

It does not bother me too much, but my wife hates the site of drool and gets sick when she see's it..

Thanks,

W.

How old is the new puppy? Also how long have you had it!!!!!?

I am sure your wife's dog will get used to it, takes time to integrate a new dog and some older dogs are scared of puppies, mainly because they tend to bounce

around and are unpredictable.

Be patient and it should all work out, I am afraid drooling is part and parcel of owning a dog!!!!!!!! It will stop.

Good luck :cheers:

From what you say it's definitely a sign of stress, dogs often over-salivate when they are frightened or worried about something.

How long have you had the pup? I'd guess it will settle down when she gets used to him/her, but it's hard to predict how long that will take. One of my dogs is fine with adult dogs but terrified of young puppies, and would be very stressed by having one in the home.

Is the pup mithering her a lot, and does she have a quiet place she can get away when she wants to? She's going to need some space and reassurance and be allowed to come round to the pup in her own time.

Thanks.

The pup only arrived yesterday, she is 6 and a half weeks old.

Id say in time, it will sort itself out.

Happy New year,

W.

Thanks.The pup only arrived yesterday, she is 6 and a half weeks old.

Id say in time, it will sort itself out.

Happy New year,

W.
how old?? surely that's a bit young to be away from her mum?? :unsure:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back