The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Drug testing...

Do you think that zero tollerence can work...

• Yes it can work.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No it will never work.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
in reply to pheonom are you old enough to use language like arse or is this old paul speaking and talking about whinging i was only passing on what i heard through the grape vine off old friends but being so young you'll not have many of them. :p

I agree with Les. [Do away with drug testing] Innocent people are being victimised. It doesnt matter what you give your dog it wont make it any faster over 150yds. A good dog cant trap any faster or run any faster by giving it stimulants over these short distances.

And that's the point as far as BWRA is concerned. Rule 28 has always stated that even if a lab report is positive, it's an offence only if 'deemed by the Associations veterinary surgeon to affect its performance.' Theobromine definitely doesn't. A stimulant acts upon the central nervous system. Caffeine can make a dog more alert, theobromine is so weak it's virtually inert. But just about every whippet is already so highly strung at a race meeting that, as David Poulter, president of the BVA greyhound division once told me, 'how the hell do you gee up a whippet anyway?' The NWRF were told this and should have learned from the BWRA mistakes before banning more innocents like Irene Cunningham. And now that just about everybody knows that Rab Patterson, Jane Poole, Jan Ambrosini and Colin Nevison did not dope their dogs and broke no BWRA rules, isn't it about time somebody in the BWRA apologised to them and reinstated their dogs' titles?

There always will be those who feel the need to cheat in any given sport this is no different its very sad but true.The issue as far as drug testing is concerned will always be there.It is high time the BWRA had a vet on a retainer who was given a list of meetings and tests should be done by him/her and no one should know when or where they would turn up at they should also pick what dog they would like to see tested as it is not always the winners that could be cheating some do actualy put a great deal of hard work into getting the results fairly.I also know that cost enters into this but time/money wasted testing without vets you might as well throw the money in the nearest dustbin for what use the tests are or would be in a court of law should any agreived party take his /her case to one,

steve

I agree with John Noble on this one.......... if the dog aint fast enough it will not run any faster with stimulants inside it. :oops: .. let's get back to enjoying whippet racing..... :p

pheonoM--- we could do with more people like you who help to make whippet racing a better sport---- well done :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back