The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Dry shampoo for carpets

RGC

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Seeking help from the Forum. We have carpets as opposed to hard floors. We also have a whippet. Has anyone used a dry shampoo successfully? Although Mabel doesn’t have a smell we’re aware that textiles may have a slight whiff. She’ll be having a bath when the weather improves but we need to address the carpet issue in the meantime.

Not what you asked for, but we have a Vax carpet cleaner and tend to do all our carpets once a year, typically when the weather is warmer. It does dry them so they're just about touch dry, but they take a day or two to dry out fully (a dehumidifier will help, we now have one but not yet used it with carpet cleaning). We also have a Vax spot cleaner too for when you just need to clean up a small area. Both work well IMHO. Just thought I'd point it out in case you decide to go down that route, especially as there's a pet version of their cleaning solution (this can be expensive so you can buy other makes).

Plus one for the Vax recommendation.

You’re both so very kind. We do use a Vax but only when our weather is kinder. It’s a dry jobbie that’s required at the moment. It’s just occurred to me that something like that ‘Shake ‘n Vac’ may do the trick. I remember the T.V ad with that lovely lady that was the subject of so many boys’ fantasies. Somewhat chauvinist now but we were at boarding school! arealhuman, you have enough on your plate at the moment - big thanks.

I'm not sure about using Shake n Vak as it is generally quite highly perfumed and I'd check the ingredients re pet friendly. Bicarb may be a good alternative off the top of my head, not sure how effective it is as not tried it though!
Having ferrets in the house has a whole new level of, um, whiff, sure no one would notice if it was coming from the sofa, carpets or just my lovely creatures!:rolleyes::D:D:D:D

I'm not sure about using Shake n Vak as it is generally quite highly perfumed and I'd check the ingredients re pet friendly. Bicarb may be a good alternative off the top of my head, not sure how effective it is as not tried it though!
Having ferrets in the house has a whole new level of, um, whiff, sure no one would notice if it was coming from the sofa, carpets or just my lovely creatures!:rolleyes::D:D:D:D
Flobo, many thanks for the warning. Will do a check and a half or see if I can buy bicarb in industrial size quantities! Just been watching the tribute to Paul O’ Grady on ITV 1 (For the Love of Dogs), clutching hankie. What a lovely man.

see if I can buy bicarb in industrial size quantities

You definitely can. I use it for cleaning too (mixed with vinegar, it's the best thing for jewellery). I bought a big bag, from Amazon I think.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back