The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

dry skin

lyd

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
could any one tell me a treatment for dry flakey skin.my whie bitch gets it in her ears and on noise and it seems to come and go,but latlely she seems to have it for a while.some times it can be itchey also.

There could be all sorts of reasons for it: contact allergy (eg.plants), parasites (eg. mites) or food allergy (protein, gluten etc) to name but a few.

If her skin was generally dry and/or flakey it would probably be caused by incorrect diet but since it is specific to her ears and nose I doubt this would be the case.

If nothing rings any bells I suggest you take her to your vet, especially as the condition is re-occuring and causing her discomfort.

Trapper

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back