The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

E.G.M

Also a big WELL DONE to our chairman and registra for handling the meeting very well......... :p :) :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I must have been at a different meeting. The one i went to the chairman threatend to resign in order to bring some resemblance to a normal chaired meeting. The chairman thought that the conduct of a lot of people was appalling and i for one actually agreed with him. The only thing to be taken away from this meeting was that a postal vote will take place, something that should have been done in the first place and then none of this bickering would have happend. It was a good job that some who where against kickboards came to have their say because otherwise 38 people would not have counted for a meeting, but there it is done and dusted, democracy wins out, and so it should.

Its nice to see a outcome that should put a end to this issue. Are the postal voting papers being sent direct to the members or are they being sent to the regional secretarys for distrubition. And was there any mention on what the top tables position would be once the outcome is known. I hope that if kickboards are to be allowed to be used at events that we get a official statement from the B.W.R.A so that people who are attending the bend championships will know if they are allowed to use kickboards.

yes you are right there John M, but i thought the chairman handled the situation VERY WELL considering :D

the postal forms are being sent to each member John........not sure what the committee will do if kickboards are reinstated.......

There were 38 people there who had signed the petition . plus other members , not sure how many all together...

so what happened to all those who signed the petition then if they felt so strongly about the issue ????i hope that if the postal vote goes against them they will be gracious enough to accept the verdict

Yes we must all abide by the postal vote, well at least all the members from scotland can have their say too...makes you wonder why people put their name on a petition and then dont bother to turn up.......

THE WHOLE IDEA IN THE FIRST PLACE WAS TO CALL FOR A MEETING FOR ANYONE WHO WISHED TO ATTEND

THE CHAIRMAN DID DO A GOOD JOB, AND WE DONT WANT TO LOSE HIM.

YOU ALL HAVE A VOTE NOW FROM SCOTLAND TO LANDSEND.

ONCE VOTED ON BAN OR NO BAN, I HOPE WE CAN ALL GET ON WITH RACING OUR DOGS

. AND PUT AN END TO THIS ISSUE ONCE AND FOR ALL, THE SOUL REASON

FOR CALLING THE MEETING IN THE FIRST PLACE, NO ONE CAN MOAN THAY HAVE A CHANCE TO VOTE FOR WHAT THAY WANT

AND MUST ACCECPT THE OUTCOME OF THE VOTE. YOU CANT PLEASE EM ALL BUT I HOPE IT PLEASES THE MAGORITY WHAT EVER THE OUTCOME

your right steve whatever the outcome is we have to abide with it but at least the whole country has a say this time well done and a big thank you to paul and muriel for turning up

also thanks to john and marion gill for taking us there in record breaking time :D cheers john ;) well done everyone who attended hope its sorted now whatever the outcome becky looked impressive today john ;) ;) :)

First of all i would like to say a big thank you to BWRA reps that turn up today for the egm and thinking of members all over the uk and there right to vote on this matter involving springboards.

Well now that we are all able to have our vote on banning or not boards, i think you should all sit back of 5 mins when you have you forms infront of you, and have a think about whats happened over the last few months ie; did your dogs get lame when using or not,did you still use them when given the chance,ect

I also suggested to the BWRA anybody not sending voting forms back to not receive any in the future and save on the costs of stamps

PLEASE RETURE YOUR POSTAL FORMS ON SPRING BOARD MATTER...

The strange thing is that if we still had postal votes kickboards would probably not be allowed now. In my opinion any ban on the use of kickboards would have to be across all racing groups or it wont work. Look at football different assosiations have local rules like we do but the pitch dimentions goal size etc remain the same worldwide. I will be sending off my vote and will obide by the democratic result.

;) :D :D HAVING ATTENDED THE E.G.M. I WAS VERY PLEASED ON THE OUTCOME OF THE MEETING, NOW EVERY SINGLE MEMBER CAN HAVE THERE SAY, WHAT EVER THE OUTCOME OF THE VOTE I WILL STICK BY IT, IF THE BAN STAYS I JUST WON"T RUN AT B.W.R.A EVENTS.

P.S. BECKY DID LOOK IMPRESIVE GARY CAN"T REMEMBER IF SHE HAD A KICKBOARD OR NOT :p :p :p ;) ;) :D :D :b :b :0 ALSO MAY I ADD WELL DONE TO THE B.W.R.A OFFICIALS [2] ON HANDLING A VERY DIFFICULT MEETING ;) ??? :)

IF KICK BOARDS ARE VOTED OUT I HOPE THE NWRF HAVE THE GUTS TO DO THE SAME AND THE IRG AS NEARLY ALL RACE GO TO ALL THREE THIS WOULD MAKE IT BETTER FOR EVERYONE WE NEED TO REUNITE

FOR THE SAKE OF WHIPPET RACING. IF IS HAS ALREADY BEEN SAID I HAVE NOT READ THE THE POSTINGS ON THIS PAGE. SEE YOU AT WARWICK SUNDAY.

oh well you got what you wanted with your petion but where were you all not at the e.g.m. i know still lets hope you get your votes in then there can be no excuse,then we can put this issue to bed at last .

your right tony there will be no excuses now everyone has a chance to get a vote wether its a ban or not i no the fed wont ban them :D if it goes against my own vote wich of course you allready no i still wont run in bwra events but good luck to everyone wich ever way you vote ??? ;)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back