The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Ear Injury

Farwells

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
On Thursday morning Rufus lost a small chunk of his right ear! :(

I don't know for certain what happened. I took him & Ben out as usual when I got up, then showered, got myself a coffee before I went to work, Rufus trotted up to me and I saw the blood on his head then saw his ear. It was barely bleeding, and he didn't seem at all bothered by it!

All I can think of is it must have happened when him and Ben were playing. They both mouth each others ears and Rufus must've pulled away whilst his was being chewed! I hope that's all it was, there's never been any real aggression between them, just the usual play-fighting :unsure:

Here's a pic of Rufus before

stare.jpg

and after

chunkgone.JPG

Dave.

Aww poor Rufus :wub: losing part of his gorgeous ears.

Poor Rufus :( - still just as handsome though! :wub: :thumbsup:

clairej810 said:
Poor baby - is he a Pharoah hound?
Yes, he's one of them :thumbsup:

His ear hasn't bothered him at all since he hurt it, except when he tries to shake his head, which causes him to give out a tiny yip and he decides against it.

I definately agree though, he still as handsome, and talented too...

tongueroll.jpg

:lol:

He is beeeeeautiful !!!! and the piece out of his ear just gives him character :thumbsup:

Just think of it as a unique identifying mark :D

clairej810 said:
I think Pharoah hounds are so beautiful,  :wub:   never actually met one though.  What are they like to live with??
Hmmm, this could be a long one....

Rufus is fairly easy to live with as long as he gets enough excercise and play.

tug.jpg

If he gets bored he starts to make up his own games,like chasing his back leg, catching and holding it in his mouth as if it was a bunny rather than something attached to his body. Or like the other day when I found him smacking the water in his bowl and biting the splashes, soaking the kitchen floor in the process.

It's almost impossible to tell him off for things like that. He just stands there blushing and looking side to side, trying to find who it is I'm annoyed with cos it couldn't possibly be him :teehee: !

He is endlessly entertaining though, from frustrated teenager type groaning when he can't have his own way, to his weird tail that leads a life of it's own coiling around his legs when he sleeps, curling up or under itself when he stretches or arching over his back when he's hunting something (atm voles and sand!!!)

rupounce2.jpg

Off lead can be tricky. Rufus has a pathological need to say hello to everyone (aloof and regal!??) and distance is no object. I think folk understandably find it a bit disconcerting when a ginger thing appears at high speed out of nowhere, wagging it's whole back end, bouncing around, play-barking (one of his enormous vocabulary of noises) at their stunned dogs, and refusing to be touched :wacko: . I've developed a hyper awareness of other peoples presence and a lightning quick lead clipping technique :D .

All in all he can be a handful, he is only 8 months old though,I'm told they calm down eventually. He more than makes up for it in laughs and face washing (with tight lips to avoid getting frenched :x ) :huggles: .

I think some pics are in order to counterbalance the waffle!

rutongue.jpg

coalwash.jpg

takingcuriosityabitfar.jpg

meandmyshadow2.jpg

baywatch.jpg

clippedticket.jpg

Dave.

Judy said:
He is beeeeeautiful !!!! and the piece out of his ear just gives him character  :thumbsup:
Just think of it as a unique identifying mark  :D

Exactly what I was going to say! :lol: :lol: Breathtaking photos of a very handsome boy! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Rufus is stunning...and your photos have some fab colours (including Rufus). I love the one of him standing on the rippled sands. I think we should see more of him.... :))

Would love to see more pics of your lovely dogs! Heard that the breed is seen as the clown of the sight hounds,arnt they all though,thats why we love them (w00t)

The owners are just as mad! (w00t) (w00t) see dogs do resemble their owners!! :blink:

He sounds fantastic :wub: defintitely need loads of pics! (w00t) Love the idea of biting water! :lol: I think I'll tell Tiny (my gh) about that one and see what he makes of it, he is into mice at the mo.

He is so incredibly handsome, I absolutely have to have one one day (and sooner rather than later :- " )

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back