The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Ear Nipping

KatMatPhi

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
My 15 months old whippet (male) plays quite roughly (he prefers boxers and staffs) but he cannot tell the difference between a tough dog and a litttle gentle one. He growls a lot when he is playing very excitedly, nips other dogs ears to get them to play and is generally very persistent, although he always backs off if the other dog tells him off. Long eared spaniels are a particular problem. When he meets greyhounds, lurchers or other whippets I find that they tend to play in a similar sort of way. However I occasionally get into trouble with other (usually small dog) owners and he has even been accused of being a dangerous dog (which is ridiculous!). He is actually extremely gentle and would never hurt anything. If the other dog stops moving he stops as well. Has anyone else ever had a similar problem and how have they dealt with it?

I know the obvious answer is to get another whippet for him to play with but I my husband is presently resisting that idea.

Many thanks.

:teehee: ALL I CAN TELL YOU IS THAT MOLLY MY WHIPPIE GIRL TRIES TO GET OUR SIAMESE CAT HARRY TO PLAY IN THE SAME WAY........ BY BITING HIS EARS .

I GUESS YOU EITHER GET HIM A PLAYMATE ( YIPEE MORE WHIPPETS) OR WAIT UNTIL THIS TEENAGE PHASE OF HIS LIFE PASSES. :) :) :)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back