The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

East Anglian 64 Dog Stake

Paul Melia

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
As an interested form savant eagerly awaiting the arrival of last season's whippet coursing form book, I was wondering how the points system would apply to the 64 dog stake held by the East Anglian Coursing Club at the end of the season.

For example the system allocates in ascending order points for every round won by a whippet (first round equals one point and second round equals two points etc) as long as the round wasn't a bye.

How will the points system apply to this stake as some dogs progressed by running byes (no points) and beating moderate fare in other rounds?

Just curious as the form book will no doubt reveal all!!

Hello Paul,

A 40 dog stake seems a bit of an untidy number of competitors to have in a knock out competition. How many rounds were run and how many were byes?

Blimey! You're not asking much are you! The sport was amazing. The dogs ran themselves further than probably they had ever done so before . It was a brilliant culmination to a wonderful season. the sport was never better. Sod the stats!

Lampingman

Chris Doyle

We could say that about a lot of stakes, Lampy.....Good sport, the best dog won.....What price the mealy mouthed bickering...????????????????

LM, if you had taken note of your drinking stats, you wouldn't have culminated your season by being sent home in disgrace!! :oops:

Sorry, but I couldn't resist!! :cheers:

Oh Paul you know how to hurt!! If i'd stayed I think I might have won the stake. The Shiner was electric. I think she'd been at my Drambuie :D

Bottoms up

Lampingman

Your health, and the Queens', Lampy.......it's my day off tomorrow....only hope I keep off the pc. when I've walked the dogs and downed the bottle of red :b :eek:

Now i'm rather partial to a bottle of red John, and white and rose etc. A sad no hoper me :cheers:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back