The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Electric Control Collars

if anyone has the desire to parade themselves in the big brother house for the world to see and mock then i should think them very worthy candidates for electric shock therapy :lol:

the thought of electrocuting a dog feels all wrong to me to, which is why i'd like to see these collars have no more effect than a vibration/buzz, tingle, i've never seen a dog need the higher setting anyway on these collars, so i don't see the need for them to be there in place to be potentialy abused. this is why i'm all for reducing the upper level to a point that only causes distraction and not pain.

if they were thus reduced then it would take away the potential for abuse from the operator, whether the abuse was caused willfully or through ignorance, then if overused the effect would simply be lost and would then make pressing the button pointless.

i.e when you first put a dog into a car the noise and motion can be unsettling because it is strange but after time and regular journeys the car no longer holds conscern for the dog.

if these collars were reduced to a point that would no longer cause pain then they would be no more harmfull to the dogs physical and mental well being than standing over a dog (which in canine terms is an aggressive dominant act) and putting it into a "sit"

if everyone lobbied for such collars to be only on general availability at a frequency that doesn't cause pain then surely that would be the best and most productive solution for everyone, dogs included.

these collars have shown to save lives and do have their use, i've witnessed first hand the good they have done and i don't quote from other sites/text to validate my opinion. i can well imagine how they can be open to misuse which is why i would firmly advocate a reduction in strength to a level that can't be abused.

if this opinion indicates that i'm a moron in need of education then so be it

The levels are neccasary though for the different breeds, my friend used one on her wild Akita, she wouldn't have lived very long I'm sure if she had not belonged to such a strong minded owner who used these collars as a last resort.

But it did need to be turned up quite high for tha Akita to even notive anything was happening.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back