The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

English Springer - stiffness, ageing

Discussion in 'Dog Health' started by Flumpkin, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Hemlock

Hemlock Well-Known Member Registered

My current hound loves broccoli (but not the fluffy bits) and cauliflower. Others have been great fruit and vegetable eaters (and grass and herbs) but this one isn't as keen.

Flumpkin likes this.
  2. Flumpkin

Flumpkin New Member Registered

Thank you for this, it is all really interesting and diet for my dog is something I am sorry to say I have never really considered much until now. I have always focussed rather on what they must not eat from safety point of view. I will definitely carry on with the carrots, celery and blueberries. I think I read somewhere that raspberries are good for arthritis too. Loving the idea and image of your dogs having self service. That is brilliant xx

3. Flumpkin

Will try cauliflower too. Your dog would partner well with my daughter who only eats the ‘fluffy’ bits and leaves anything at all you could remotely say is stalk. She is 19 now but still does this

4. Flumpkin

The pooches have just tried mashed banana today for the first time in a kong toy and it was a huge hit. I think this is a treat though as very sweet? X

5. Hemlock

Hemlock Well-Known Member Registered

Yes: go easy on the sugary foods. Root veg are very sugary too. No need to cut them out, but only give a little. Leafy things are fine in larger quantities, but generally dogs don't eat huge amounts.

6. Inka

Inka Active Member Registered

They're high in potassium, vitamins, biotin, fiber, and copper. They are low in cholesterol and sodium, but because of their high sugar content, bananas should be given as a treat, not part of your dog's main diet....moderation is the key