The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Euro Dog Show 2009 Dublin

Noise

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Euro Dog Show

is anyone planning on attending? it's over 3 days from the 30th of May til the 1st of June and the sighthounds (FCI group 10) are on the first day.

I really wanna go and had decided to go by train + ferry, but received a blow when found out that you're not allowed to take a dog on the ferry if you're not a passenger with car (even though you have the choice to put the dogs in the ferry kennels :angry: ).

so I'm looking for either someone who is going by car and wouldn't mind meeting at Holyhead and agreeing to have my Eskil ''with their car'' or possibly have a free place in a car for a single person + dog and meeting anywhere on the route, obviously I'm more than happy to share to travel costs.

a big show, 30,31 May & 1 June

will be held at RDS, nearer city centre than the usual Cloughran show site

CACIB awarded as well as Green Stars

entries don't finally close until 17 Apr, but they are 20 euro cheaper if you enter by 30 Jan. and still 10 euro cheaper if you enter by 27 Feb.

on-line entries http://www.dogshowentry.ie

---

I'm very surprised to see that postal entries for the Celtic Winners show in Dublin on 17 March have already closed. I don't know if it is still possible to enter on-line. The advert in Our Dogs gives the IKC website address for info and entry: http://www.ikc.ie

-----

I don't drive and have taken dogs across to Wales on Stena Line, Holyhead - Dún Laoghaire. You walk them on to the car deck and put them on the ondeck kennels. But usually it is necessary to get a taxi between Dún Laoghaire and Dublin, about 7 miles. There are ferries to Dublin port but they don't allow dogs to be walked on to the ship. I hope, however, someone will see the first message and help Noise out with the ferry links.

Anyone wishing to bring a dog from mainland Europe should check out the transport arrangements carefully. I've read that most airlines flying into Ireland don't carry dogs and that even if you bring them by ferry from France it is costly to do the veterinary procedures for pet passports in Ireland, so travelling to Ireland via the UK is likely to be the better option. Unfortunately these difficulties mean the European dog show is likely to be mostly a UK/Irish affair from what I read. Sorry my info is very vague; I read the article sometime ago and it doesn't concern me personally.

it's not just the air lines, I think it's a rule you cannot bring a dog into Ireland by plane, only by special cargo plane, think it costs at least £300 from mainland Europe.

I've decided not to go, can't get time off, hoping to get the 22nd of may off for the bath show. probably gonna try and make it to Ireland sometime later this year.

I had a look at the events calendar at showdogsireland, and a whippet specialty IKC ch is listed for 29 May. Is this a separate entry from enty in the international show? (if so, when do entries close?)

I had a look at the events calendar at showdogsireland, and a whippet specialty IKC ch is listed for 29 May. Is this a separate entry from enty in the international show? (if so, when do entries close?)
Hi Phillipa.....we have just received a schedule for this show. It is a completely separate show run by The whippet club of Ireland and will be at The National Show Centre, Cloughran on Fri 29th May. Judge is Bob Newsham (Windspiel). You can get a schedule by contacting the Secretary,Stephanie Robertson, on 00353 469075576 :thumbsup: Entries close 30th April

Tracy

thanks Tracy. Boyce and I finally decided to take the plunge and enter both shows, even though it's 50 Euro for the first entry at the World Show.

They seem to be having difficulty attracting enough entries as the fee has been held at the 27 Feb price and the deadline extended to this Friday 24 Apr. You can make entries on-line and/or print out schedules and entry forms for both shows at http://www.dogshowentry.ie/

Info on the World Show, including FAQs can be reached via IKC website http://www.ikc.ie/index.php

FAQs: http://www.dublin2009.com/d/index.php?q=node/14

We want to stay near Cloughran and avoid city centre driving/parking. I rang the IKC to see if there would be any arrangement for dog-friendly transport between Cloughran show centre (north of Dublin, near Swords) and the RDS (Ballsbridge, near city centre). I was told there was a transport facility and info would be found on the IKC website, but I haven't been able to find the relevant information there.

only 54 whippets are entered in the World Show (I wonder how this compares with the whippet club show on the Friday?)

Any k9ers from outside Ireland coming across for the the occasion?

only 54 whippets are entered in the World Show (I wonder how this compares with the whippet club show on the Friday?)Any k9ers from outside Ireland coming across for the the occasion?
i was really surprised with the low entries across all the breeds

I am going and for me it is both the show as well as expolring Dublin!!!

Will be nice to see you again Henrik. Hope you enjoy your trip as much as I enjoyed my time in Sweden!

I am going with taz, enda see you all there :thumbsup:

I am going with taz, enda see you all there :thumbsup:
Have you packed your tent yet Janet? :b ........ are you travelling / camping -_- alone, or are you bringing any companions!!?? ;)

We'll see you bright and early on Saturday morning :D .....hope the sun shines 8) for a change!! :-

Tracy

only 54 whippets are entered in the World Show (I wonder how this compares with the whippet club show on the Friday?)Any k9ers from outside Ireland coming across for the the occasion?
Entry is so low that it's not worth to come, even I planned it :)

We have our whippet speciality in Finland one week later with entry 167 and next days open show with entry of 133 :)

TV 3 Programme TONIGHT

'Modern Ireland: Gone to the Dogs' featuring the European Winners Dog Show at the RDS will be broadcast on TV3 on Tuesday September 8th at 7.30pm.

one hour long programme on independent Irish tv channel

TV 3 Programme TONIGHT'Modern Ireland: Gone to the Dogs' featuring the European Winners Dog Show at the RDS will be broadcast on TV3 on Tuesday September 8th at 7.30pm.

one hour long programme on independent Irish tv channel
Thanks for that Phillipa, I will watch it when it comes on shortly........maybe I'll spot myself with a couple of whippets!! :D

does the channel have an online service?

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back