The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Favourite Walks

Rubyjewel

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Finding the right place to walk your dogs can sometimes be ridiculously difficult, especially when you don't want to go to the same place as last time. There's those great places like big public parks that go on for miles but then you realise that you can't even let your dog off the lead. Has anyone experienced this problem before? It really annoys me. The girls love a good run off lead but they can barely have that anymore. :(

It can be a real pain :angry: to find some where diferent to walk your dogs.

Its no the same when you can't let them off for a run, i often go to the old grassed over pit stacks, where theres normally acouple of rabbits knocking about for him to chase but it's real hard to find somewhere different,

we have a lot of large parks around us but as you say you carnt let them off we do have a large playing feild two minuets down the road were we can let them off to have a mad run a round and we tack them down to the cannal witch is road work and then a free run (swim) at the side of the cannal

We always end up going to the same place which is a huge park but we've recently found out that dogs aren't allowed off the lead there...so annoying! :angry: But sometimes when the park warden isn't around, we can let them off for a good run but then Ruby just legs it. She gets hyper and we have to rely on Jessie to get her back because her recall wouldn't be the best (we've had her for ages now so maybe it's time to sign her up for obedience if she doesn't improve).

We're fighting our local council at the moment who want to ban dogs off leads in our local park. :angry: My dog walker has contacted the Kennel Club for advice and has written to our local MP. She has rallied all the local dog walkers, and it certainly took the council members by surprise when they all squeezed into the last council meeting to have their say. This one won't be pushed past us without a fight. Don't let your local council just have their way!!

Yes...it can be tricky finding somewhere to let your dogs have a free run these days without having to get in the car first. Unfortunately mine are not live stock trained......so I can't let them off anywhere near sheep, and we're overrun with sheep in the High Peak!

we have a old railway track (the track has been removed) we take gypsy there alot you can walk for miles and shoot off in different directions depending on which village you want to walk round :thumbsup: she can be off lead and there are loads of rabbits to chase, we have to go in the car to get there which is a bit of a pain :angry:

our local park is ok, but normally filled chav's and broken bottles :rant: :rant:

hely said:
we have a old railway track (the track has been removed) we take gypsy there alot you can walk for miles and shoot off in different directions depending on which village you want to walk round  :thumbsup:   she can be off lead and there are loads of rabbits to chase, we have to go in the car to get there which is a bit of a pain :angry:
our local park is ok, but normally filled chav's and broken bottles :rant:   :rant:

hely..dont talk about trace like that :eek:

we've been walking along the canals recently,

we'd walk for a couple of miles, stop and note where it is on the map in relation to roads and access, then double back home

the next time we drive to that turning point and continue on,

it's been lovely, a lot of work is being done impoving the paths and surrounding areas and it's very picturesque in places, i'm seeing areas of countryside i've never seen before :thumbsup:

Canal side walks are a fave for me too. If your dog daft it's a major priority when your looking at houses too. Ordnance survey maps have become my best friend and railway lines my arch enemy! :lol:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back