The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Feedback

Angela Bayley

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
This is my personal view and others may disagree... here goes:

1) Could small fonts be made a little larger by default? I know it's possible to alter the browser but then all other sites are too big.

2) Could you reduce width of Home page to fit on a 'standard' window (~800x900)?

Angela

Thanks for the feedback.

Standard screen resolutions are

640x480

800x600

1024x768

1280x1024 & others

It's difficult to design for all resolutions & 640x480 is a fast dissapearing resolution - 800x600 is now usually used as the lowest spec.

I've tried the pages at all resolutions and I agree that at 640x480 the home page doesn't quite fit - so I guess that's what you're using.

I'll have a look at getting it to fit - if it can be done easily I'll do it.

I'm surprised you think the small fonts are too small if you're using 640x480 - you should try reading them at 1280x1024 :)

Again, I'll have a look to see if they can be easily changed.

Keep up the good work.

Nigel

I think Angela is definitely working at 640x480.

I have however made a small mod to the front page which should enable it to be squashed up to 640x480.

Let me know if that's better.

I've also corrected a small error where the 'help logo' next to the password field in the 'Profile page' (still with me) didn't go to the help page when clicked.

Nigel

I'm working @ 1280x1064, using Linux Netscape 4.76 (latest Linux version, but usually behind other platforms). I have to say the problem with the width of the home page being set to the width of the longest line appear to be a browser problem rather than the web site. MS IE fits the home page on to a standard window.

The smallest fonts are weeny at 1280x1064 which is the resolution I use to view web sites in general, reasonable on 800x640 laptop with MS IE.

Hi Angela,

I've just tried the home page on Netscape 4.08 (Windows platform) and I see the problem - well I see the result of the problem, if not the cause.

This may take me a little time to debug :( - Watch this space.

Re. the font size - I could raise the point size of the small characters, but am a little reluctant to twiddle as the board developers have set this size. If I make it larger there may be knock on effects. I will ask the developers if anyone has successfully used larger fonts.

Thanks again for the feedback

You should find the home page works ok now.

The problem was a difference in the way Netscape and Internet Explorer interpret tables. The latest version of Netscape (v6) gives the same results as IE - but I have modified the page so hopefully it works ok with all browsers - let me know if you think different :biggrin:

It was a very nice suprise visiting the site after a few day's absence to find the home page fitting sensibly (even Linux Netscape). Thanks very much.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back