The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Feeding Complete

midlanderkeith

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
looks like my whippy is condemned on a complete diet, i dont like it one bit, ive tried all sorts of meat, raw, which makes her really ill, cooked, gives her the runs, tinned dog meat does the same, she will stomach tripe for a while then that gives her the runs, and now i find over a period of time, anything in access of 20% protein also upsets her stomach, so i have to keep the protein levels at 20% then shes ok, shes ok on sardines, rice n pasta, shes ok in herself on a complete diet, teeth look ok to me, nice shiny coat, so o spose thats it, but would love to see her get stuck into some good owd meat, the little fart :oops:

keith

:cheers:

one of mine recenly went on to james wellbeloved compleat after four years on barf and he look superb i guess its horses 4 courses

Keith her sister and brother are very fussy too, they've gone off tripe, must be a generation of fusspots in the food department :- "

If it suits her keith thats good, , and she'll get all her nutrients out of the dried, she's fit, healthy and happy on it so I wouldn't worry :huggles:

Mine are all fed complete (Wellbeloved, Nutro and another, depending on the dog) and they are all in fantastic nick!!! Shiny, content and keeps their mood sweet too.

Complete food is great and if the dog's happy .. more joy!

As Lesley said Keith if it suits Jill then stick with it :thumbsup: we"ve gone back to complete and to be honest the dogs do seem better for it the bowls are licked clean every meal whereas with the barf they would try to pick out the meat but leave the veg. :lol:

Yes mine are both on complete (Burns or Wafcol) and are both in good condition :thumbsup: Lenny can't tolerate raw meat very well, gives him the squits big time unless its tripe! Molly can tolerate it but it doesn't seem fair to give one and not the other. They also get cooked meat meals (with veg and pasta) every so often, your girl might tolerate once in a while possibly?

If she's in good condition and eating enough then she'll be fine :)

Paula Roberts said:
As Lesley said Keith if it suits Jill then stick with it :thumbsup:   we"ve gone back to complete and to be honest the dogs do seem better for it the bowls are licked clean every meal whereas with the barf they would try to pick out the meat but leave the veg. :lol:
Cheers Paula, that'll do fer me, if its good enough for parkstone whippets, its good enough for my dog

ta

keith

:cheers:

zilloot said:
Mine are all fed complete (Wellbeloved, Nutro and another, depending on the dog) and they are all in fantastic nick!!!  Shiny, content and keeps their mood sweet too.

Good to hear you feed complete Fiona, as your dogs always look in lovely condition. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I sometimes feel a bit guilty feeding my two on complete (Red Mills) and not on a BARF diet, but they both seem very fit and healthy, so I am happy to continue with it. Also, at least I can be sure they are getting a balanced diet. :thumbsup:

~Sarah~ said:
zilloot said:
Mine are all fed complete (Wellbeloved, Nutro and another, depending on the dog) and they are all in fantastic nick!!!  Shiny, content and keeps their mood sweet too.

Good to hear you feed complete Fiona, as your dogs always look in lovely condition. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I sometimes feel a bit guilty feeding my two on complete (Red Mills) and not on a BARF diet, but they both seem very fit and healthy, so I am happy to continue with it. Also, at least I can be sure they are getting a balanced diet. :thumbsup:

my lot are fed on Red Mills called Leader Surpreme Adult and puppy and they love it,always a clean bowl and doing well on it. :D

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back