The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Feeding Tripe..

Flowerpot

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi...Does anyone feed tripe to their dogs and if so, which mixer do you use? Could you also tell me the protein level of the mixer please?..Thank you so much !! :)

I feed green tripe but often feed it just with a fruit/veg pulp mix, I also feed other raw meats and chicken wings so they have varity.

If I use mixer I use a plain wholemeal mixer, the laughing dog brand is a good one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi...Thank you for answering so quickly. Do you feed the BARF diet ? They say to add all the veg etc together and liquidize...Is that how you do it ?

Yeh I feed BARF.

I do a job lot about once a month and it takes a few hours, I get different fruits and veggies and stick them in the blender and then put it in ice cube trays and freeze...I take it out a few hours before feeding.

I feed BARF too.

I buy packs of frozen raw food, one of them being Tripe.

I also feed the tripe with raw veggies, pasta & sometimes rice. You can buy a powder called Easy green which is easy to add too instead of veggies .

I Use Burgess Super dog Mixer.

Oh thank you. My Jack Russell Puppy has been in for tests and my vet is concerned about her liver function and thinks she may have PSS but we don`t know yet as all the results aren`t in .

Someone recommended a raw diet for her with the veg etc added and so I`ve been trying to gain as much information as possible . I have been reading up about the BARF diet but it is so much better to talk to people who actually are using it and how their dogs are.

Years ago I fed my dogs on tripe with Wafcol mixed in but now I use a complete dry diet for convenience really as I have five dogs and a lot of small animals. My other four dogs do great on it and look beautiful but little Cassie has caused us a bit of worry.

She wasn`t fed properly at all and when we took her in at 16 weeks her tummy was in a dreadful state and she was so thin, I cried. She had been fed on a canned adult food and had been left all day every day from 6am to 7pm on her own.

Together with my vet I eventually got her on to Gelert Puppy food but she still had bouts of `mushy poos` so she went in for tests last week. Meanwhile, I have been feeding her small amounts of the Gelert , 4 times a day and she is coming on a treat at the moment. No more mushy poos and she looks so much better.

However, if she does have this liver condition I think I should change her diet to raw or at least to tripe , the way I fed my dogs before. I want to be prepared for whatever I come up against. I do know that my vet wants to do surgery if she has PSS and the post `op` period she will need special feeding anyway so I want to be prepared as much as I can.

Has anyone any experience of this ? It is PORTOSYSTEMIC SHUNT and I had never heard of it before although I have been reading up as much as I can about it since....she seems such a little shrimp :wub: it is breaking my heart.

Thank you for any information on feeding. :)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back