The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Feeding

salfordlass

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi

I'm new at this but need some help.
I feed my dog kibble and a tin of dog food every day, I have run out of tinned food for her but I'm not well and can't get out to get some until at least Friday.
Is there anything else I could give her until then. She's a siberian husky and have been on loads of sites, I gave her tuna and rice along side her kibble yesterday which was a recommendation for her breed but only once in a while. Any help appreciated. Thank you

What sort of kibble do you feed, and what other foods do you have in the house? Dogs don't need to have a balanced diet every day, so a few days of whatever you can cobble together will be fine (some human foods can be harmful to dogs, though, so do check online if there's anything you're not sure of).

Alternatively, do you have a friend or neighbour who could pick up some dog food for her? If you're on Facebook, there are some very helpful local community groups (be aware of the risks of disclosing to a stranger that you might be a bit vulnerable at the moment).

I do hope you're up and out and much better very soon.

She has chicken kibble with vitamins etc in it.
I will look what I have in and check against some of the other websites I use.

I know she can have toasted bread but that's not going to be enough to fill her.

I'll be fine, just worried about her.

Thank you for your help

If the kibble is described as 'complete', then she'll be absolutely fine on that for a few days - just give her extra to make up for her not getting her usual tinned meat :)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back