The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Feeling Guilty

pauline5dee

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
8)

I have 3 dogs, 2 are luchers,greyhoundx and whippitx I also have a small cocker.

My friend can no longer have her dog,and has asked me to help. He is a small lurcher and I dont think he would take up too much room, however people say I am mad to have 4 dogs, its a bit excessive.

cant bare to think of him going anywhere else..... :(

Wondering if other folk have experince of 4 dogs.

I have 3 dogs & that really is my limit but if you feel you could cope with a 4th dog then I say go for it. It would be nice for your friend too if she could keep in touch with her dog & it would surely be better for the dog to go to someone who he knows rather than a dogs home :(

Good Luck if you do take him on & I hope he finds a good home if you decide not to. You just have to be realistic & not do it because you feel you ought to. :luck:

Julie.

'people' said that about me having 2 then three then 4 :lol: I thought I was mad to have number 4 and a friend even put me off 'for a while' Now, after getting my last lurcher they are all part of the family and can all get on the sofa together. Walking can be a bit of a problem sometimes so I do 2 first and 2 later but thats only because I have a very naughty young whippet who pulls !!

If you feel that 'you' and your other dogs can cope with another lurcher and he will be happy with you then why not?.... 4 dogs are really not any more trouble than 3 unless you have a naughty one :- " As you said.. he won't take up too much room :huggles:

Good luck and keep us posted :thumbsup:

Tracey x

p.s any pics? :))

-sun3.jpg

:lol: :lol:

4 isn't excessive, Ive got 7 lurchers (w00t) , hoping to go up 1 more soon :)

The main thing to consider is whether your dogs would be happy with another dog joining your family, it can sometimes upset the "pecking order" when another adult dog arrives. Apart from that if you have the time & space ( & energy) :thumbsup:

:luck: in making you're decision.

beaubeau said:
Says it all really :wub:

There's room for another on... TWO on there :lol:

We have four, theyre no trouble at all (admittedly Jessica is an iggy wannabe - she certainly has the temper :- " ). Another on the way some time this year, WHEN Blaze decides that she isn't going to rip the head off any poor male that gets round her back end (w00t) .

Can't wait :wacko:

pauline5dee said:
8) I have 3 dogs, 2 are luchers,greyhoundx and whippitx I also have a small cocker.

My friend can no longer have her dog,and has asked me to help. He is a small lurcher and I dont think he would take up too much room, however people say I am mad to have 4 dogs, its a bit excessive.

I've got 5 dogs and a kid!!

josieDogs-1.jpg

lurcher lover said:
pauline5dee said:
8) I have 3 dogs, 2 are luchers,greyhoundx and whippitx I also have a small cocker.

I've got 5 dogs and a kid!!

josieDogs-1.jpg

:wub: What a fantastic picture :thumbsup: - your daughter and all the dogs are absolute beauties! :wub:

lovely pic,pretty little girl and gorgeous dogs! :) ive got 5 dogs but ive got the room,time, and theyre all little dogs not large ones. :D if you think this dog will settle in with your pack then why not go for it? :thumbsup:

kris said:
lovely pic,pretty little girl and gorgeous dogs! :) ive got 5 dogs but ive got the room,time, and theyre all little dogs not large ones. :D if you think this dog will settle in with your pack then why not go for it? :thumbsup:
Done deal, thanks everyone, one more sounds a breeze , after looking at this lot,

will keep folk posted :) :thumbsup:

kris said:
Done deal, thanks everyone, one more sounds a breeze , after looking at this lot,

kris said:

Ladyp and myself have 9 lurchers and 2 whippets, so if you think that you can cope with 4 then go for it. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I am thinking of getting another dog possibly a gsp. :D

pauline5dee said:

Hi,

We have 11 in total ( admittedly four are golden retriever puppies for sale) but we don't have any problems with it, in fact I think the more the merrier to be honest as long as you can afford it. I say go for it and good luck :huggles:

Kenmilquin said:
pauline5dee said:

Hi,

We have 11 in total ( admittedly four are golden retriever puppies for sale) but we don't have any problems with it, in fact I think the more the merrier to be honest as long as you can afford it. I say go for it and good luck :huggles:

ONE CAN NEVER HAVE TO MANY DOGS,I'VE GOT THE T~SHIRT TO PROVE :wub: IT. :thumbsup: AS LONG AS ONE CAN AFFORD THEM,GO FOR IT :thumbsup:

ladyp said:
Kenmilquin said:
pauline5dee said:

Hi,

ONE CAN NEVER HAVE TO MANY DOGS,I'VE GOT THE T~SHIRT TO PROVE :wub: IT. :thumbsup: AS LONG AS ONE CAN AFFORD THEM,GO FOR IT :thumbsup:

That's right and (no offence to the good ones out there) unlike men they love you no matter what you look like and don't argue with your opinion :teehee: :- " :D

ladyp said:
Kenmilquin said:
pauline5dee said:

Hi,

pauline5dee said:
ladyp said:
Kenmilquin said:
pauline5dee said:

Hi,

What was I thinking about, worried about 4 dogs, You lot sound like you have it cracked.

We have a large house and garden, 3 teenages who take turns in taking our lurchers out twice a day and we dont get a look in. Our small cocker is the one left to us ( he is not cool because he is not a lurcher ! poor sausage ) My son who is 20 is about to move out and informes me that he will be taking the greyhound part time to live with him, he adores her. So what was I worried about !!!

Who knowes where this could stop.

Because my husband is our houseman he thinks we could also help with fostering maybe in the future :sweating:

Thanks everyone I am still trying to post some pics, but I am not very good at it.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back