Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Ferreting With An Italian X

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheshirePoacher

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
im holidaying with posh totty and we went out ferretting and i never thought id ever be ferretting with a italian!!!! as a lurcherman i prefer a bigger dog able to take most quarry so took tip as a bit of a joke, so imagine my face when she took 2 in the day then another on the lamp!!! even went into cover!!

i have to say these dogs of hers look in top nick and certainly made me change my opinion of the breed!!! cant see many breeds beatin them as rabbitting or ferretting dogs! :thumbsup:

will post a pic in a bit of her bag :thumbsup:

pic as promised

05092007416.jpg

i thought hunting with dogs had been banned?

What a beautiful little dog! I wish my whippets could catch me some bunnies for dinner.

Why do people look in here if they think they'll find the pics upsetting? The title is quite clear as to what this is about.

Linda

Last edited by a moderator:
I've removed a few posts,lets stay on topic :cheers:

Gosh a couple of those look bigger than her. I'm impressed. :thumbsup:

What a little cracker!!!

You just have to watch her though arent they a little fragile in the legs.

I know of an Italian who broke her leg just slipping and hitting a skirting board.

Not quite the same bouncing qualities as whippets!!! :thumbsup:

(w00t) what a clever girl she is :wub: ,maybe an italian would be ok with my roudy lot after all ,maybe wel look in to getting one in a year or 2 after the shock of getting tia has worn of :- " :lol:

jinx and rubys mum said:
What a little cracker!!!You just have to watch her though arent they a little fragile in the legs.

I know of an Italian who broke her leg just slipping and hitting a skirting board.

Not quite the same bouncing qualities as whippets!!! :thumbsup:

cheers thanks i do understand that many are very fragile, this girl is a cross bred though, posh tottys blue is the dad( full italian ) and the mother is her whippetx beddyx italian bitch mabel, whom ive seen work very well! :thumbsup:

I am such a fan of iggys and love seeing their pictures.

Not only is she not much bigger than the rabbits, but she looks so nonchalant. As is to say “so what” I am multitalented and not just a pretty face.

[

cheers thanks i do understand that many are very fragile, this girl is a cross bred though, posh tottys blue is the dad( full italian ) and the mother is her whippetx beddyx italian bitch mabel, whom ive seen work very well! :thumbsup:

She's got a little more substance then.

She is great, what a good looking little bitch,and plenty courage by the looks of it!! :thumbsup:

Well done to Tippy

After all they are a small hound :cheers: which is what I make quite clear to any one who is thinking about owning one .

They are not little o:) o:) even if they look like it.

Lillibet

THECAP said:
so its a lurcher not an iggy then ?
*passes the wooden spoon*

Now now - we don't want to start a war do we?

People will be saying that non-pedigree whippets aren't whippets next ..... :- "

lillybet said:
Well done to Tippy
After all they are a small hound  :cheers: which is what I make quite clear to any one who is thinking about owning one .

They are not little  o:)   o:) even if they look like it.

Lillibet

im so proud of her !!! she certainly is taking after her mother and with the attitude of her dad she will be flying them out them holes!!! :- "

couldnt believe it when i arrived back so see what she had caught!!! (w00t) she is just a year old so care has to be taken but i can see who my little pal will be when i am ferretting :- " the lamp one was as i got out the car to let sas go on one she saw a squatter near the hedge and nailed it :oops:

sad that so many are not allowed to do what comes natutral for whatever reason really , bolting after a bunny on a level field is no different risk wise to chasing a ball say out on a walk? her sister mia and brother bailey also catch , usually rats though as their parents have a farm and an allotment , such a shame the breed is now bred so weak that things that come naturally are now such a risk :( im sure over time though with careful breeding and health screening etc the breed will once again be a strong agile sound little dog but will take time , effort and co-operation between breeders to do so :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back