The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

first past post ??

JoJess

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
:D Hiya, what do you all think about first past post is the winner, i know i have raced a dog before that got nobbled, big time , and when i complained i was told " oh it's first past post here"........ ;) now just wondering what you all think to this ruling........ :D

Last edited by a moderator:
first past post :angry: i think its a bad rule, if this rule stood at all events then fighters would get away with it all the time ,and its not fair on honest dogs or there owners .

i think that first past post rule is ridiculous the winner of a competition is supposed to be the better dog

(AT RUNNING) not fighting :b

i think first past post everytime, :D or do you just want first n second as you do champs to go through

well neilpem u dink, don't moan when it happens to yours, i agree with you Gaz and Ritchie I too think it should be the best dog on the day that wins at running not nobbling.....good luck to you all at the champs...have a great time and drink em dry dee :)

oyyyyyyyy wassssss uuuppppppppp neilpem ??? ;) u still poorly :0 aarrrrrrhhhhhh bless him ;)

i got a nasty horrible fighter :D who would win if it was first past post :p .

another dog that aint gettin any bother goes straight through.... :D ..you got a fighter neilpem oooohhhhh ???? ??? ;) :( we got one too :angry: still they cAN RUN if you can get em straighten'd ey..... :p i did say if ?? :D

HI PAT DEBBIE HERE NEIL GOT HIS WIND UP HEAD ON :b TAKE NO NOTICE. IVE TOLD HIM ANYONE READING THIS WILL THINK HE IS SERIOUS COS THEY ALL DONT KNOW HOW HE IS :( LIKE SOME DO. C YA LATER ;)

The big question is what is a fighter? some think a fighter is a dog/bitch who is only going to their side to run left/right and if the owner has seeded their dog/bitch to either side then the dog/bitch is not at fault bless em. In my opinion if the dog/bitch goes across to another runner and has a go then fine it should be disquallified and to me it would be classed as a fighter. So the judges at opens/champs should know the definition between fighting and running to their side, anyone else got a view on this??

debs

Hi Debs, yes i agree with you on all you have said, but some clubs have a rule that says first past the post is the winner regardless ??? what do you think???I knew neil had his winding head on debs, he a dink :D :p

i dont agree with first past post pat either, if fighting occurs then the said dog should be disqualified and the heat rerun without it :) debs

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back