The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Fleas

midlanderkeith

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I found one of the buggers sat on my lap yesterday morning, ive never had em before, but im flaming lousey here and scratting missen daft, my ankles and arms are bitten to buggery, with little lumps t boot, could i kill the little scrote, i hammered hell out of it, like i say never had afore, but will go vets today for the dogs, but what about me what do i need :lol: , go on say it, PUTTING DOWN

:cheers:

midlanderkeith said:
I found one of the buggers sat on my lap yesterday morning, ive never had em before, but im flaming lousey here and scratting missen daft, my ankles and arms are bitten to buggery, with little lumps t boot, could i kill the little scrote, i hammered hell out of it, like i say never had afore, but will go vets today for the dogs, but what about me what do i need  :lol: , go on say it, PUTTING DOWN                        :cheers:

fleas are the worst, when we first got flip she came covered in fleas, iv never in my life seen so many on one cat, and i think they liked to bite me more than the liked the cats, ancles and wrists were the worst :rant: oh never had any bites just me, i must just taste better :- "

anyway only thing for it is to get fid of them from your animal and you house and they will leave you to.

think it took a couple of days before i stopped getting bitten after using the drops.

i really do feel for you keith, my oh said i was over reacting when i couldnt sleep for itchin :rant: unless you have been bitten by these little pirannas theres no way you can understand the torture they put you through :rant:

good luck getting rid of them :luck: :luck:

It's from all that rabbitin'!

Every time one of mine catches a toothy pal we get straight into the de-fleaing action stations before they get out of the car.

You take a looksee at the next bunnifer's ears and they'll be crawling black :x

No, the vet won't put you down Keith but he'll cover you in lemon scented dust!!! :lol:

fleas spread the mixi keith so there is your culprit, but what i would use is the tick and flea drops from k9 chemist i will find the link for you and get a household spray from say pets at home , they give months of protection , do each room in a sweeping motion , vac the carpets first , pop a flea collar in the vac bag too , then go over the room in a sweeping motion , making sure you get into all the nooks and crannies , even do the curtains , any soft furnishings and edges near skirting boards etc , do evry room this way , wash all dogs bedding at 60 degs then when dry also treat with spray but allow to dry before allowing dogs back on

add a little garlic to dogs feed as smell wiill repel the fleas although not prevent

with 14 here all out in fields daily and also catching bunnies i pride myself we dont get them except the very odd little blighter but we soon murder him!!! :thumbsup:

I've had a problem with this for months thanks to Claire "playing" with hedgehogs in the garden. :angry: I thought I'd got rid of them doing what Tanya said but I caught one on Niamh yesterday. Nowhere for it to hide on her! I've been washing the dog beds in 40 degrees so i reckon that's where I've been going wrong! Thanks for the tip Tanya and I could do with that link too please. :thumbsup:

maggie217 said:
posh totty said:
fleas spread the mixi keith :thumbsup:
Oh Golly...will Keith have the mixi then Tanya? Hope he doesn't give it to Jill

Pauline

:lol: no i wunna, but what a time ive had with the buggers invading parts of my body only 2 people are allowed, i was festooned in the filthy little swines, ive now got the bestest of shaved arm pits n sac :lol:

EH

midlanderkeith said:
maggie217 said:
posh totty said:
fleas spread the mixi keith :thumbsup:
Oh Golly...will Keith have the mixi then Tanya? Hope he doesn't give it to Jill

Pauline

:lol: no i wunna, but what a time ive had with the buggers invading parts of my body only 2 people are allowed, i was festooned in the filthy little swines, ive now got the bestest of shaved arm pits n sac :lol:

EH

Just watch your eyes don't fall out Keith (w00t)

Hilary & Hounds said:
I've had a problem with this for months thanks to Claire "playing" with hedgehogs in the garden. :angry: I thought I'd got rid of them doing what Tanya said but I caught one on Niamh yesterday. Nowhere for it to hide on her! I've been washing the dog beds in 40 degrees so i reckon that's where I've been going wrong! Thanks for the tip Tanya and I could do with that link too please. :thumbsup:
Ever the helpfull lady is our Tanya dont you agree my k9 friend, she looks upon me as family, ( GRANDAD ) :lol: , thanks Tan :thumbsup:

:cheers: :huggles:

She certainly is Keith! One of the very best, in fact! :huggles: Yes she told me you'd been adopted into the family. :lol: :lol:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back