The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Floyd

Lise

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Thank you all so much for the kind and helpful advice you gave to me last week about our new whippet pup Floyd and the anxiety I was experiencing with the dog & the cat, although they are not the best of mates yet they are wary and politely step around each other.

Floyd has settled well, he seems very happy and confident, we have taken him to see the in laws Borzois (2 boys 16 months) a couple of times, he has been walking down by the River Humber with us and is popular with everyone he meets, I am biased but he is so good looking. He sleeps well at night in his crate, in the kitchen, with a multitide if toys I keep buying him. He is house trained and very good a letting us know when he needs to go.

We started him off on James Well-beloved which he came with, he wasn't really eating much, I put it down to settling down, but when we went to see the borzois Floyd scoffed thier tripe, much thier astonishment, i have started feeding him a block a day (1/3 each meal) with 180 kg of james well beloved (1/3 each meal) at first he wolfed it down, but now he is picking and not eating as much as I would like to see him eat. I am happy to continue with the green tripe, does it need to be heated after it's defrosted?

Any ideas on more popular biscuits, feed?

Should i be giving him 1/3 of a block with his usual complete food?

Could he just live on tripe? (he is 4 months 1 week)

Is there a food that whippets love????

He is currently chewing on beef muscle, which I was happily brandishing in the shop until the assisitant informed me it was the bulls winkle (her words not mine, I confirmed my supspicions by asking was it the willy?) much to her delight, I dropped it, she then gleefully lead me to a full size one, I love my whippet, hence, I came home with a mini bulls winkle, in a bag, he's chewing it now, beneath my chair as I type and it smells!

How old is pup when I put normal leather, fish tail collar on?

Lise

Lise said:
He is currently chewing on beef muscle, which I was happily brandishing in the shop until the assisitant informed me it was the bulls winkle (her words not mine, I confirmed my supspicions by asking was it the willy?)  much to her delight, I dropped it, she then gleefully lead me to a full size one, I love my whippet, hence, I came home with a mini bulls winkle, in a bag, he's chewing it now, beneath my chair as I type and it smells!Lise

(w00t) :lol: (w00t)

Hi Lise again,

As regards the green tripe - defrost and feed raw. dont cook it - or you will remember the smell :x :x forever like I did. :b

Glad the dog and cats getting on slightly better. :thumbsup: It does take a bit of patience and time.

Kobi is 18 weeks old and the fishtail collar still dosnt fit him yet - so hes wearing a webbing one till it does. :thumbsup:

Lise said:
Thank you all so much for the kind and helpful advice you gave to me last week about our new whippet pup Floyd and the anxiety I was experiencing with the dog & the cat, although they are not the best of mates yet they are wary and politely step around each other.
Floyd has settled well, he seems very happy and confident, we have taken him to see the in laws Borzois (2 boys 16 months) a couple of times, he has been walking down by the River Humber with us and is popular with everyone he meets, I am biased but he is so good looking. He sleeps well at night in his crate, in the kitchen, with a multitide if toys I keep buying him. He is house trained and very good a letting us know when he needs to go.

We started him off on James Well-beloved which he came with, he wasn't really eating much, I put it down to settling down, but when we went to see the borzois Floyd scoffed thier tripe, much thier astonishment, i have started feeding him a block a day (1/3 each meal) with 180 kg of james well beloved (1/3 each meal) at first he wolfed it down, but now he is picking and not eating as much as I would like to see him eat. I am happy to continue with the green tripe, does it need to be heated after it's defrosted?

Any ideas on more popular biscuits, feed?

Should i be giving him 1/3 of a block with his usual complete food?

Could he just live on tripe? (he is 4 months 1 week)

Is there a food that whippets love????

He is currently chewing on beef muscle, which I was happily brandishing in the shop until the assisitant informed me it was the bulls winkle (her words not mine, I confirmed my supspicions by asking was it the willy?)  much to her delight, I dropped it, she then gleefully lead me to a full size one, I love my whippet, hence, I came home with a mini bulls winkle, in a bag, he's chewing it now, beneath my chair as I type and it smells!

How old is pup when I put normal leather, fish tail collar on?

Lise

uuuurrrgggghh :x

i was reading this as i was just abot to tuck into my biscuit!.

dont think i will bother now!

I buy dried 'beef pizzles' (that's what it says on the packet) and they love them :) . they last about 2 hrs so are excellent for when I'm out, in fact I only give them when I'm out as they reek :x

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back