The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Following on from sore botty

Juliatee

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
My poor old spaniel is having a bit of a bad time at the moment. Following three visits to the vet this week for sickness and diarrhoea and treatment with Maalax and Tagamet things still aren't right. She is better, drinking and eating expensive recovery diet but is frequently needing the garden to produce a small amount of incredibly stinky diarrhoea and she seems to strain a bit to pass this. As she has eaten small amounts over the past two days I would have expected a normal stool by now. Am concerned it could be a blockage of some sort although she doesn't appear to have the symptoms indicated by an Internet search., and anyway I would have thought the vet would have picked it up if so. Thanks everyone for replies about the sore botty - coconut oil seems a good idea.

Any ideas?

Once the gut gets inflamed it can take a while for it to settle down again. You could give the vet a call with a progress report and see if they have any suggestions.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back