The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Food For Colitis

noopy_101

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
my old dally is having the odd day of running jelly yucky poos what food is best for her

Sorry to hear that your oldy is having trouble . My boxer had a sensitive tum and any time he had colitis I starved him for a day then gave him raw dog tripe with nothing else added and this soon firmed him up .

Best of luck :luck:

i have been doing this every time she has funny tummy. didnt know if there was a diffrent diet to feed her

I give rice and white fish. I buy the frozen packs of coley squares which are easy to cook in the oven from frozen with water. Then you have the fish to feed and the fish water to encourage drinking if the dogs are not keen.

Wafcol 21 or Hills Science diet sensitive fed daily are great .......If not white fish or chicken will help as they are easily digested plus add charcoal powder daily to each normal meal .......It would also be helpful if you fed her 3 times a day :) ......Hope she feels better soon :huggles:

You need to prevent the colitus happening in the first place. Protexin or prozyme feed daily will help. Live yogurt and tree bark also help. You ahve to avoid feeding too much roughage as that will aggravate the condition. iF colitus gets a hold and goes untreated it can be very serious and each episode gets harder to reat. The tell tale signs are a squeaky tummy prior to the Diahorrea. You can treat this with Zantac or if the condition has already got a hold treat with buscopan both of which can be bought at the chemist. Hope that helps. PM if you want any further info :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back