The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Food

dellboy22

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Just wondering what people feed there lurchers?

I have a 7 month old dog (saluki/collie X deerhound) and not really sure what to feed him.

Any recommendations? Thanks people.

mine get bakers complet and they love it they get feed three times a day there are different flavers too so they dont get fed up with the same flaver I know some peaple will frown on this but have feed all my dogs on this and it is the best one I have found on the market.

sue

i feed greyhound racer when thay are working/runing and greyhound rester when they are not regs steve

feed Wainwrights here,no additives,no gluten ,not bad and my two are very large lurchers and thrive on it :)

I always avoid anything with additives and now am avoiding food containing wheat(which is most dog foods) as i`ve found there`s a lot less poo to pick up.You`d have thought i had a couple of ponies and not lurchers! :eek:

Anyway,i`m now using csj lamb and rice which is wheat gluten free and reasonably priced. This is supplemented with small amounts of heart,liver,mince.sardines,natural yoghurt and decent table scraps.

Also since going onto wheat free food,my latest rescue has started to put on some much needed weight,which was a struggle before..... :thumbsup:

Forgot to add that at present there`s a teeny bit of preservative in the vitamins in csj lamb and rice,but thats in the process of being taken out and should be additive free in a few weeks hopefully.The rest of their range are now additive free.

Fynns Fan said:
I always avoid anything with additives and now am avoiding food containing wheat(which is most dog foods) as i`ve found there`s a lot less poo to pick up.You`d have thought i had a couple of ponies and not lurchers! :eek:  
My previous neighbour had problems with his whippet puppy being sick a lot (with no particular pattern) and not gaining weight. He was almost at the point (I think) of possibly returning her to the breeder, or taking her to the vet college for investigation which would have been very expensive. :(

I spoke to him recently and they have put the puppy on a wheat free diet, and the difference is amazing. She has put on weight and looks really lovely now, and no longer being sick. :thumbsup:

i feed mine on supa dog ,i add 1 tin of fish( sardines,pilchards ,mackerel) in sunflower oil and sometimes instead of the fish i add a tin of plum tomatoes and every now and again i cook some minced chicken and add that, i also use keepers mix from dorwest herbs :cheers:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back