The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

For Joanne

sparkle4ever

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I couldn't reply on the post, tried several times but because I was trying to reply to you, it kept saying it wouldn't submit it. Inappropriate elements.
So I have had to write it here instead as a new post. Copied and pasted of what I wrote.
Hi Joanne. Thank you so much for responding. It means a lot.

You are so right. I did realize what the breeder had done with the toileting, I knew about it before we had him and I was very concerned then. I knew that this would confuse him and that we'd have a battle. Though I didn't think it would be this much.

I did write it wrongly. Yes, we reward him straight away when he has gone outside. Praise and a treat (though he then thinks it is a game!)

It has been less than a week, you are right. the sleeping side, one could sleep downstairs but it would have to be the sofa and I did that last night and it wasn't a good night's rest.

Our previous dog I nursed when he got ill for a year. I suffered extreme sleep deprivation that made me ill in the end, it was a terrible time, but I did it all out of love.

The zoomies happen after he gets up, so I have no idea really. You'd think he wouldn't be tired then. But he gets them later in the day too.

The breeder isn't a professional breeder. He made lots of mistakes. And I think he would refuse to take him back.

Thank you so much for the links. I will read them.

I really really hope we can get through the next few weeks.

Thank you again.

You are welcome, I'm not sure why you had problems replying to the other thread - hopefully it was just a glitch that won't recur.

If you can, please do keep us updated.

My guess is that the problem is that you were trying to quote Joanne's post which contained a link - new members have to make 10 posts before they can put links in their post. You should be fine if you just reply without quoting.

Hi Judy. Yes that is exactly it. I was replying to Joanne's post that contains a link. But try as I might, I just can't get rid of the reply bit! I can't undo what I did, tried many times. It is like it is stuck with trying to reply to Joanne ;-) Even tried a different browser. I guess if I just make ten posts, eventually I will be able to! :)

Yeah, the forum's been a bit funny like that since a recent update. When it 'helpfully' prefills my reply with something I don't want, I've found I can usually position my cursor at the end of it and then backspace to delete it. Trying to select text and then deleting it doesn't seem to work. Ours is not to reason why......

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back