The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

For The Fishing Men

That's the shortest,fatest,unfit loking rainbow ive ever laid eyes on mate.How it even bothered to go and take the fly,boggles the imagination.Now,just Kidden mate,and windin you up.If you realy want a bit of real exitement,then try to get somewhere,where the trout are natural,with fit lean bodies,and full tails.Then you will witness a fight.Not keen on stockies,as we call them.See if you can get to scottland somewhere.Where there are SEA TROUT.Unfortunately,they are on the decline,along with the Salmon.Sea Trout,are arguably,the best lb for lb fighting fish there are,so if you realy want the thrill of a lifetime,then go Sea Trout fishing,to Scottland.Ayeshire would be a good stop.Try fighting with an 8lb one of these beauties.As for Fly Fishing.Great sport,which ive been doing since i was 5 years old.Can't wait for the season to start,till i get my freezer stocked up with Salmon again.Even the dogs and ferret love the stuff.Wellcome,to the sport.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish i could get pics up here, id show u some REAL fish, 6lb plus wild brownies fae the river Annan up here in Scotland, probably been in the river for 10 year plus, 35lb plus salmon fae the river Tay.! We"l keep trying.! :thumbsup:

heres one for you chris to keep the mice down a baby cat fish.

DSCN0153.jpg

Wish i could get pics up here, id show u some REAL fish, 6lb plus wild brownies fae the river Annan up here in Scotland, probably been in the river for 10 year plus, 35lb plus salmon fae the river Tay.! We"l keep trying.! :thumbsup:
Whats youre favourite Salmon & Sea trout fly's mate.Might tie you up a few,unless you tie youre own.Will get a few pix up here,when i find them,as they were 35mm pix,and will have to be scanned on 1st.Don't kill as many now,as we've been put on a 2 Salmon a day bag limit.Have stopped fishing the night fly,for Sea Trout,as they are down in numbers,(big time),so i am trying my hand at a bit of useful conservation. Young bro fishes the Tay,and Annan.He gets about quite a bit,over in Scottland,as his job gets him in every bloomin where.He even fishes some stretches where the Royals fish.He competed in a few big disabled fly fishing competitions,and won one of them.Now him n his mate,are making a few fishing DVD'S.Whatch out for DOG TAG PRODUCTIONS.I made the front and back covers for them.Will post them up,as i have them on here somewhere.

These are a bit blurred,as summit is up,when i upload them from Picassa.

_4233534-2.jpg

_4233541.jpg

Tom is from Kircaldy.He's the one taking it easy.

These were 2 wee fish i caught last season,with an 8n1/2 foot fly rod.Used to use a 13ft double hander,on my local,and a 15ft rod on the bigger rivers.Now i fish single hand trout rods mainly,as the sport is 10 times better,with not knowing if the rods gona hold out,or break.I took a 12n1/2 lber on this wee rod last year.So i guess it will be my main partner,for this season.

_7192122.jpg

Hope we get a flood like this in mid June,as it will mean thet we beat the nets going on,which wipe out 80% of what we should be getting,and almost 100% of the bigger fish.

DSC00184.jpg

WILL GET YOU MORE INFO ON WITTON CASTLE,BROTHER IN LAW GOES THERE REGULAR. FLY ONLY

CAT FISH A GREAT SPORT SEEN THEM ON THE TELLY,MASSIVE ONES.

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back