The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Forum changes

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
By @Flobo
If the main page keeps the "Latest" bit and New post bits with easy access I think us technologically impaired would be happy to do that, do you agree excuseme
My reply is YESI think that would be fine.

How on earth do I delete a quote from a message that I was going to post? !!
Now that isn't just you - I'm still trying to work that one out myself! So far I've had to use the back button and reply again (and even then it sometimes reappears!

So if anyone has cracked that - please let us know!

How on earth do I delete a quote from a message that I was going to post? !!

OK, it looks as if it has gone ?
I've found a way: Position your cursor at the end of the text in the quote box and backspace until all the quoted text is gone. Continuing to hold down the backspace key will then make the box disappear. It's not particularly elegant, but according to a support forum I found, that is what is intended.

Like this -

Screenshot_20240130-190241~3.png

Screenshot_20240130-190249~2.png

Like this -
I think you must quote text differently from me - I select the text I want to quote and select 'Reply', and that doesn't give me the 'Insert quotes' bit.

I think you must quote text differently from me - I select the text I want to quote and select 'Reply', and that doesn't give me the 'Insert quotes' bit.ut
That way apparently works for me too, but if I changed my mind I'd have to place my cursor between the quote, and my own message (in this case, the start of this sentence) and use the backspace to get rid of the quote.

Oh my word, complicated! I will not try to quote anything else again !

Thank you both of you. X

Oh my word, complicated! I will not try to quote anything else again !
I'd still try to quote if you want to - then if you want to delete it, just fiddle around and do what works for you. It is confusing when there's more than one way to do something, but you can stick to the one that comes more easily to you and forget about the other.

Oh Judy, no one could could be more technologically impaired than me . It will probably be much easier and less frustrating if I don't try to do it again. Memory is a great thing to have and I have never had a good memory, so I would not remember what I had done to make it work in the first place !!

Thank you for trying to help me.

@Hemlock, it must be something to do with our age, oh how I hate this old age thing. At least we still have our dogs and 2 donkeys to keep us motivated. I did find the beating/shooting season a bit difficult this year but the dogs need their country sports in the winter, they are good for us.;)

Keep the suggestions/feedback coming, we're working on implementation.

Here's a quick update:
- Smilies are fixed.
- Fixed the typo on friendly - thank you.
- Added a Senior Dogs forum.
- Added a Remembering Those We Loved forum.

Working on:
- Adding a “New Posts” button back on mobile.
- Fixing friendly URLs.
- Working on clearing up and preventing SPAM accounts.

@Oliver

The icon for the Behaviour area of the forum is a hand held like in a ”halt” position. Would you consider changing the focus of that a little? Rather than indicating an unwanted behaviour that needs stopped, could we have something like a thumbs up image, just to give a more positive message?

I'll put my psychology hat back in its box now!

That's brilliant, JoanneF! So important to distance ourselves from the old-style training.

Actually @Oliver I just noticed the "Friendly" section already has the thumbs up symbol.

So IDK, maybe a person with a dog for Behaviour, or change the Friendly icon to a smiley face and swap over the thumbs up to Behaviour?

Thanks, keep the feedback and suggestions coming.

Another update.

What's been done:
- Smilies are fixed.
- Fixed the typo on friendly - thank you.
- Added a Senior Dogs forum.
- Added a Remembering Those We Loved forum.
- Adding a “New Posts” button back on mobile.
- Fixed friendly URLs.
- Cleared up over 30,000 spam accounts
- Monitoring and preventing spam sign ups
- Add some new smilies
- Changed the Behaviours tab to a smilie face
- Removed angry reaction to posts

Working on:
- Adding back some subtle banners/advertising to fund improvements
- A new and improved newsletter
- Increasing sign ups and engagements

One last suggestion from me... how about a 'just for fun' section? Somewhere we can post silly photos of our dogs, memes, pics, dog jokes anything daft and light hearted, participation games maybe... I think it's quite nice to have a section where you can still post something, then if you haven't got any questions, help to offer or things to discuss, you can still take part in the forum.

One last suggestion from me... how about a 'just for fun' section? Somewhere we can post silly photos of our dogs, memes, pics, dog jokes anything daft and light hearted, participation games maybe... I think it's quite nice to have a section where you can still post something, then if you haven't got any questions, help to offer or things to discuss, you can still take part in the forum.

I'd have thought they would fit well in this section: General Discussions and Lounge ? Maybe we should start a few threads there and see what develops...

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back