The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Freudian Whippets

~elizabeth~

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I wonder if anyone out there knows anything about Lucien Freud's whippets, what line they come from; he seems to have had and painted a number of them now.

baluc2.jpg

Eli

PW258.jpg

frdpluto.jpg

freud1.jpg

Pluto

1119970790.19361.2.jpg

freud.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They are beautiful aren't they. I can remember seeing the paintings of the brindles and his daughter at ............ some gallery in London years ago. The Hayward I think.

I did know who the breeder was that he got whippets from but I've forgotten. :( I hadn't seen the fawn and white before. Thanks for posting them. :thumbsup:

They are lovely, :wub: :wub:

They are really lovely - particularly like the last two. :huggles: :huggles:

I have the 2nd to last and it's fab ........I'm sure Cloke know's these lines .....Email her and ask :thumbsup:

I have a feeling he has had Darquell whippets in the past - correct me if I'm wrong though! :)

They are seriously tasty :thumbsup:

They are so gorgeous aren't they :wub: :wub: ?

I was in the picture framer's shop that he uses abut a year ago and there was a beautiful etching of a whippet called Blue. I asked how much it was...

£10,000 :eek: so I had to say no :- "

I like anything with whippets on but the people all look very sad in them don't they :unsure:

*Lesley* said:
I like anything with whippets on but the people all look very sad in them don't they :unsure:
You're right they do all look miserable Lesley, maybe the artist is portraying the fact that Whippys are always there to give comfort in times of sadnness, great paintings though, would love one on my wall.

moriarte said:
Erm, I didn't include the whippety ones that included naked people; here is another one, not for the faint hearted... (w00t)   :b
shame about the human...

They used to sell a postcard of that one on the Whippet Rescue stall :- " - don't know if they still do, - was tempted but wasn't sure about the potential comments from my children's friends and their mothers :b :b - I think they would think I was really round the twist if they saw that on the wall!!!! (w00t) (w00t) (w00t)

moriarte said:
*Lesley* said:
Erm, I didn't include the whippety ones that included naked people; here is another one, not for the faint hearted... (w00t) :b

shame about the human...

If you drew two eyes above his 'collection'(!), you'd struggle to tell the difference between that and his face (w00t) Thank god there's a whippet there to soothe the eye :p

They really are beautiful pictures :wub: :wub:

Julie

Oh okay I have seen the fawn and white whippet in a painting before. :b

I love the way that he paints humans.

Bloody Heck nearly fell off my chair there (w00t) (w00t)

Sorry but I don't like the humans in the paintings but........ beauty is in the eye of the beholder :thumbsup:

Knew he had much loved whippets, but never realised he had one called 'Eli'! His Eli of course being the namesake of my Eli, not the other way around :- " ! Recently heard of a Springer called Eli....doesn't sound right to me, definitely a daft whippet name!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back