The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

fussy boxer

boxer lover

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi :D I was wondering if anyone can help me please. I have just adopted my second boxer dog, she is currently being fed on some sort of complete dog food with the Webox chubb. Is the chubb any good for her? My other boxer has the Wainwrights large breed complete food and I would much rather the new one eat this aswell. Any advice greatly appreciated, thanks :thumbsup:

Hello - Welcome to Dog Forum, I am Anna and I would like to see some piccies of your boxers!

With my dogs (and cats) they all eat what I want them to, I always change them over gradually but then whatever I feed them is whatever they eat and I have never had a problem with a fussy pet, you are in charge :)

Webbox Chubb - Meat and animal derivatives, Derivatives of vegatable origin, Minerals, Herbs, contains EEC permitted colours, preservatives and antioxidants

Protein 6.5% Oil 8.5% Ash 3% Fibre 0.4% Moisture 81%

I have seen these on sale for 42p each and I think it is overpriced. Wainwrights is a decent food though and if your current dog does well on it then I would go for it.

thanks both :D . Harley loves the chubb but I really don't think it helps her 'wind' problem :D . I'm going to gradually change her over to the Wainwrights, I'm guessing she'll eat it eventually. I'm not sure how I post pics on here....novice :geek: x x

haha, got to love a fussy dog! They are amazing at getting us do what they want eh? Clever monkeys!

My dog is a supremo at it, i get full whining and sobbing and harrumphing, unfortunatley for him, i think its hilarious, so he eats whats there or not at all.

There is a (bad) joke about two farmers discussing what they feed their dogs: one says he feeds his dog turnip sprouts, and the other says 'my dog wouldn't eat that' and the other says, mine wouldn't either for the first two weeks...

When i got mine he was on a very poor quality complete, was very under weight and would have a bowl put down in the morning, which he would eat at night when his owners got back in from work. He would only eat when excited, and it was a job to get him up to a good weight.

Your dog is new, and used to whatever she was given before, but if she is a good weight, then i would just be firm, put down her food and if she doesn't eat it, pick it back up again. I might also feed her a second or two after your first dog.

I left my dog with my mother for 2 weeks a few years ago and he played her like a fiddle. She was grating cheese onto his dinner and allsorts, it turned him into a fussy MONSTER. Unwittingly you can start to join in on their cunning ways. Especially if you are worried about them getting all the nutrients they need and stuff. You've picked a good food for her so don't worry, she'll eat it.

Just to be contrary though, I also think that there is no point in getting a dog if you aren't prepared to spoil it a bit. I can't imagine how bored i'd be if i had to eat blimmin kibble every day. So i do ride the rollercoaster of feeding my dog all types of everything, just don't expect gratitude, or for them to forget they ate something with gravy on the day before.

Thankyou so much for your reply. She is a good weight so I'm going to try the tough love approach, I'm sure she wont go to long with nothing...fingers crossed. I do feed my other dog first and it is literally a couple of seconds between them :)

I don't s'pose you could help me with my next problem please? When I walk her her back pads get sore, almost blister and when I took her up our local country park she all of a sudden dropped and was favouring one of the back legs, not wanting to walk on it. I know she's going to have to go to the vets but just wondered if anyone could shed some light on it. I maybe thought it could be because she hasn't been walked very much and could have pulled a muscle and the pads aren't used to walking...I don't know. She isn't limping or bothering with it now so a bit of a puzzler :/

my dog hadn't been walked enough, before i got him, and his toes rubbed together and got very sore patches, and bleeding inbetween them, maybe check there? they can be very brave with little cuts and stuff, after initial limping. I think i cleaned them off with salt water on a cotton bud and then some tea tree oil cream or savlon, making sure its dry after.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back