The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

George Hartley Memorial Tt Points

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Brill afternoon...

20 minute break-well timed...just long enough to get a shandy from the club and walk back...

Photos form previous opens..a nice touch

Our young dogs loved the lure with attached BALL! they talked about it all the way home :clown:

Peter Kay..a star!

Thank you.

Karen, Annie and Bobby

Right then, a few action shots, sorry I missed some but 4 dogs, 1 owner yadayada. :wacko:

nolimit.jpg

40lb.jpg

40lbht23.jpg

yearlingnolimit.jpg

puppynolimit.jpg

vetnolimit.jpg

25lbpups.jpg

35lbpups.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Vicky said:
The club rule is JUDGE'S DECISION IS FINAL so why the feck do you get the same people who are stood 15yd away from the line complaining about the results?  There were 3 judges on the line all day yesterday and the winner was agreed by majority from us all before the flag went up, we'll be happy to let those people line judge all day next year  :thumbsup:

We'll set up the video camera next year so there can be no dispute over the results.

Well done to all the winners especially the club dogs with Mebs Rosie, All over Now and King Bear (w00t) gaining miaden class wins and Avit winning the cons scratch 8) :)

Legs & lips on the finish line

Clipboard23.jpg

Colorado on the finish line

Clipboard24.jpg

Maizee-Mu

Clipboard25.jpg

Lacey Venture

Clipboard26.jpg

Night Venture

Clipboard27-1.jpg

Must be Magic

Clipboard28.jpg

Nevada

Clipboard29.jpg

Colorado

Clipboard30.jpg

All Over Now

Clipboard31.jpg

Taylor Maid

Clipboard34.jpg

Smokey

Clipboard32.jpg

Meg's Magic

Clipboard35.jpg

Meb's Rosie

Clipboard36.jpg

Avit

Clipboard37.jpg

Oh and Tony.... this one's just for you :p

Clipboard18.jpg

Tony Taylor said:
Vicky said:
The club rule is JUDGE'S DECISION IS FINAL so why the feck do you get the same people who are stood 15yd away from the line complaining about the results?  There were 3 judges on the line all day yesterday and the winner was agreed by majority from us all before the flag went up, we'll be happy to let those people line judge all day next year  :thumbsup:

We'll set up the video camera next year so there can be no dispute over the results.

Well done to all the winners especially the club dogs with Mebs Rosie, All over Now and King Bear (w00t) gaining miaden class wins and Avit winning the cons scratch 8) :)

Great stuff, you'll be volunteering to operate it i presume? - i find that laughable coming from someone who can't even help put the cones out!!!! :oops:

Vicky said:
Tony Taylor said:
Vicky said:

Great stuff, you'll be volunteering to operate it i presume? - i find that laughable coming from someone who can't even help put the cones out!!!! :oops:

lol

cheers Mark, Made up when Mad Max won his weight class

had a great day, but knackered at the end of it all

Super pic's Jac - some really good one's of the racing :cheers:

Chuffed with Elzi and her 2 boys winning.

And Mark - for someone who complains about having their pic taken you and the dog look like pro's!!!!

Vicky said:
Tony Taylor said:
Vicky said:

What is laughable is you of all people chiding me for not setting out and putting away equipment.

You were well aware that I had my children that weekend which precluded me from being able to give my full attention to any job on the day as a whippet track is an unsuitable place to have unattended small children . Clearly you did not have your children that day.

Jac and I turned up sat afternoon as she was under the impression she was going to help you put up the signs for the open and we said we would come down on the sunday morning to help out. There was little interest at that time in going out putting up the signs. Perhaps you had something more important to do. Piglet rang Jac early sunday morning to ask her to come and put up the signs :huh: . Since Jac didn't want to drive around all morning with her dogs in the car you kindly allowed me to stay and look after her 5 dogs, my 2 kids and my 10 dogs, 3 of which were racing, while she went out putting up the signs that could have been done sat.

On a different matter perhaps you'd like to thank Jac and her organisation skills for getting get the programs out so quickly. ;) Doing one half of the program and then getting it printed while the other half is being worked out clearly saves time and is something that should be done at other opens IMO.

Bright girl that :D

See, we don't have to go outside the club to find competant workers

Now let us not be silly and spoil what was a great days racing everyone enjoyed --

all credit to all those who helped in what ever shape or form a credit to whippet racing

pat on the back all the way round --

steve :huggles: :huggles: :huggles: :luck: :luck: :luck:

Tony Taylor said:
Vicky said:
Tony Taylor said:
Vicky said:

What is laughable is you of all people chiding me for not setting out and putting away equipment.

You were well aware that I had my children that weekend which precluded me from being able to give my full attention to any job on the day as a whippet track is an unsuitable place to have unattended small children . Clearly you did not have your children that day.

Jac and I turned up sat afternoon as she was under the impression she was going to help you put up the signs for the open and we said we would come down on the sunday morning to help out. There was little interest at that time in going out putting up the signs. Perhaps you had something more important to do. Piglet rang Jac early sunday morning to ask her to come and put up the signs :huh: . Since Jac didn't want to drive around all morning with her dogs in the car you kindly allowed me to stay and look after her 5 dogs, my 2 kids and my 10 dogs, 3 of which were racing, while she went out putting up the signs that could have been done sat.

On a different matter perhaps you'd like to thank Jac and her organisation skills for getting get the programs out so quickly. ;) Doing one half of the program and then getting it printed while the other half is being worked out clearly saves time and is something that should be done at other opens IMO.

Bright girl that :D

See, we don't have to go outside the club to find competant workers

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The signs weren't getting put up on Saturday because i usually end up rushing round on the morning of the open to re-do them after they have been taken down by the cyclists who race on the same day as us every year. As it happens we all did have more important things to do - we overhauled the traps, re matted, new springs, chains and new ropes, all done before you landed. Sunday morning setting up along with everyone else that turned up from 8am onwards.

And yeh you're right thanks to Jac for putting the 2 programmes in the photocopier, very much appreciated.

As for unattended small children FPMSL!!!! :lol:

Anyway will look forward to the camera next year :thumbsup:

well done all winers&loosers,a fantastic weekend,me&the wife had,staying at keiths&traceys,on the saturday,,gr8 company,,well done vicky&the team,a well ran open :thumbsup:

Thoroughly enjoyed the day at gin pit, with the usual lads. It was a

scorcher, with the track looking good considering the weather, nice to

see a club making a lot of effort towards a top ten open others should

take note. A good little team who all pulled together to make the day a

success.

Well done all winners but most of all:

Mark and Billy - All over now (Gillette & Taylor Maid) crackin pic lol,

Jac and Dobs - Avit (Gillette & Taylor maid), Vicky and Ella :D , also Alan

& Pauline with Cass and Jake & Mary with Bruce & Jackie. Last but not

least there is Mr Woodward who was over the moon with his dog winning as

you can see in the pic - you can smile occasionally Keith you know.

I think Piglet's worded things better than I could but wanted to say a big well done to all the club members. Also Keith and Vicky had been visiting the track every evening last week and Vicky had been transporting barrels to water the track and finish line to ensure a safe run for all.

Also wanted to say a huge thank you to all the members who've supported and encouraged me and Dobs especially Vicky, Tony, Mark, Keith and Tommy. It made my day to see him race so well and even more so for it to be at our open.

A good little team who all pulled together to make the day a success.
Spot on - let's keep it that way.

Cue Vicky with her steady on gwyneth replies! :D

wild whippies said:
Also wanted to say a huge thank you to all the members who've supported and encouraged me and Dobs especially Vicky, Tony, Mark, Keith and Tommy. It made my day to see him race so well and even more so for it to be at our open.
Cue Vicky with her steady on gwyneth replies! :D

No he's coming on lovely now - you should be proud, i know i am and i went on about nothing else other than Dobs & Bill all Sunday night - made my weekend. They're both still very green and i fully expect them to whoop some serious ass as they mature, i know i'd be panicking if i had a scratch dog. :- "

sounds like a good day. well done all the winners especially north east winners, arthur ( casann) and loshy ( from the isle of man but reg thru nort east) with fleetwood flame a good weekend all in all for loshy winning on sat @ the wallsend top ten open then sun @ this top ten open. well done loshy! karen coral gave me a good idea i read wot she put about photos of previous winners being up now that is a great idea. i take photos @ every open @ wallsend weve had 4 opens up to now and have another in sept so thanks for that great idea lol. the photos on here r great! lovely jackets etc.

sherry said:
karen coral gave me a good idea i read wot she put about photos of previous winners being up now that is a great idea. i take photos @ every open @ wallsend weve had 4 opens up to now and have another in sept so thanks for that great idea lol. the photos on here r great! lovely jackets etc.
Yeh - i had packs of photo's that the photographer took on the last 2 George Hartley Opens so it was better to put them on show for people to see than to leave them in a drawer somewhere, quite a few people commented on them.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back