The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Gerry Day Open

RealMadYid

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Overall Megasaurus...how an earth this bitch does it I'll never know! Bert's 2 in 1 was top dog and runner up.

Sadly, it was a low turn out. We watered the pick up for two days and no dog was injured, thankfully. Although it was warm we had a nice breeze.

I run Red Reign in the adults today, and he dead heated with Spitting Image, in the re-run giving a yard away, he got out of the traps too quick, but being a RIGHT hand bumped Spitting Image and was sadly, but rightly disqualified....If he'd gone straight...............

think i had spitting image for one of my picks for a bwra name once :D

deb,

congrats to megasaurus this dog is certainly running very well a the moment. Hard luck with red reign but i think if your dog is seeded right then you shouldnt have been disqualified as many dogs run left or right they cant help it if they are only running to their prefered side. there is a difference in interferance and seeded dogs my opinion only ;)

;) :) I AGREE IF A DOG IS SEEDED LEFT OR RIGHT AND ;) ACCIDENTALLY ;) BUMPS ANOTHER DOG BY TRYING TO GET OVER TO IT"S SIDE THEN I DON"T THINK THEY SHOULD BE DISQUALIFIED. ??? I KNOW SOME RACERS WILL NOT AGREE BUT THAT"S MY OPINION. ??? ??? ??? ??? P.S. IT"S A NIGHTMARE BEING MIDDLE JUDGE WITH THE AMOUNT OFF DOGS THAT ARE SEEDED ITS ALL TOO EASY TO MAKE A ;) MISTAKE ;) DISQUALIFYING A DOG FOR FIGHTING WHEN ALL IT IS TRYING TO DO IS GET TO IT"S PREFERED SIDE :D ??? ??? : :0

Last edited by a moderator:
I think what steve said a while back about a dogs seed being written on it's card is a really good idea & i'd say that if it ran opposite it's seed twice, have it's seed removed & have to run as drawn.

I agree if a dog is fighting fair enough. But if the dog could not have the side it was seeded for it shouldnt be disqulalified. All thay are doing is trying to get behind the lure. John has a good point it can be a nightmare

for the half way judgies. Not always knowing the dog prefers a side it can be mistaken for fighting in some cases, but if he did not turn his head to have a go at the other dog, Then he did nothing to be disqualified for.

Interesting comments. I seeded him right yesterday, and because another dog has 'fought' in the past, Sheila in the 1st race put my dog in the red trap and hers in blue (both 28), because as my dog is young she didn't want him next a previously known fighter. As it was he went round the other two dogs, giving away about 3 lengths and dead heated with the 27lb dog. In the re-run he came out so quick he DID bash the other dog, but he wasn't looking at it, and this cost him the race...I hope he may learn from this as it's the 1st time it's happened. But disqualification was harsh, cos it weren't delibarate....And I don't want him known as nobbler cos he ain't...it was the 1st time....

Paul

what about the dogs that run straight up & are interfered with by a dog crossing over. [THE HONEST DOG IS BEING PENALISED & THE DODGY DOG IS BEING GIVEN THE ADVANTAGE ] I dont think this is very fair, [ONCE DODGY ALWAYS DODGY] Owners are throwing their money away week after week through their dogs being in with DODGY dogs.When are the innocent dogs going to get a fair run for their money.

i dont think that u can help your dog runnin to a side it just happens all u can do is seed it and hope u get its side, if u dont get the side then thats unfortunate and if a straight runner gets bumped then u have to put it down to the nature of racing, if the owner could stop their dog runnin to a side i bet most if not all of them would after all i have seen some pretty strange attempts at solvin the problem, also week in and week out people with dogs who run to a side know what thier dog is goin to do and in the case of red reign paul can almost always garentee he will get the red or blue box because his dog is a heavy weight so every race his dog is bangin and gettin into trouble isnt he the one potentially throwing money away?

what about the dogs that run straight up & are interfered with by a dog crossing over. [THE HONEST DOG IS BEING PENALISED & THE DODGY DOG IS BEING GIVEN THE ADVANTAGE ]
If the dog you say is getting interferred with & it's off a start it's pretty much a case of tuff luck, the fact that most racing is yd/lb & the front (you call honest dog) has been caught says a lot!!! This dog is not being interferred with but simply passed!!!

[ONCE DODGY ALWAYS DODGY]
Passing to one side does not make a dog dodgy, a dog can run straight up the middle of the track & cause more trouble than any of the left/right hand runners by leaning on & "whispering".

When are the innocent dogs going to get a fair run for their money.
Just because the middle of the track runners don't always get a fair run what do you suggest we do with the left/right hand runners considering there's already a big decline in the amount of whippets open racing?

If a dog runs to either side week after week it is DODGY . The dogs that run straight up are honest & are not getting afair run. IN my opinion the OWNERS of these dogs couldnt care less if they spoil it for other racers.[ THEY ARE DODGY TOO]

Mmmmm so go on what should we do with our right hand running dogs?

The dodgy people are those seeding their dogs opposite to what they should do, spoiling the race for everyone!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that comments a bit harsh.

I have 8 whippets who at some time or another has raced. 1 runs left on bends ( soapy joe.......would anyone who knows him call him dodgy.......i dont think so) and my pup red ranger is a right hand runner ( same again.....i dont know anyone that calls him dodgy).

At fed champs there was a dog which was seeded one way and ran the other.....thats dodgy, but seeding youre dog to run one way and it running that way isnt dodgy at all.

if the owners of these so called "dodgy dogs" were themselves "dodgy" then they wouldnt bother seeding them.

I think seeding (if done properly) is the best thing that was ever brought in - the fact that you know your dog runs one way & it being allowed to run that way suits both you & the other dogs in the race, no-one can call that an advantage or dodgy as everyone one is happy & there should be no bumping.

All i can say is the people replying must have DODGY dogs.[THINK ABOUT YOURSELVES BUGGER THE REST]

If all the left n right hand runners packed in, would there be anyone left to race with?

Suzie if seeding is done properly there is no bumping, this must be better than having dogs crashing into each other. Pauls dog was put in red instead of blue, I just looked at the programme. He did not turn his head or have a go at the other dogs. Are you saying this makes both Paul and his dog dodgy. Rubbish Make Paul feel worse why dont you??

suzie said:
what about the dogs that run straight up & are interfered with by a dog crossing  over.  [THE  HONEST  DOG  IS BEING  PENALISED  &  THE  DODGY  DOG  IS  BEING  GIVEN  THE ADVANTAGE ] I  dont think  this  is  very  fair,  [ONCE  DODGY  ALWAYS  DODGY] Owners  are throwing  their  money away  week after week  through  their  dogs being in with DODGY dogs.When are the innocent dogs going  to get  a fair run for their money.
Sorry Suzie, I think your 100% wrong. If my pup is off levels he runs straight, if he's trialling he runs straight. But when he is almost always the heaviest pup in weight classes, the lure goes to his left, the smaller dogs immediatley go left and are in front of him, he then in turn does not smash his way through but goes right to see the lure, more often than not giving away several lengths ..He is the LOSER, not the other dogs, he has never looked at another dog, or fought with another dog..others have and only run clean when they are the front dog...Yesyerday he was quick out of the traps as he went right he hit the smaller dog...it was his loss...

Do you not know that greyhound racing is 100% seeded because of this...are they called dodgy....

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back