The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Get In There

Strike Whippets said:
Go girl  :D   ......BTW is Jilly preggers Kieth ??
Hi, 21 days into her mating, as of yet no signs, maybe the next few days will tell, not to worry, maybe it wasnt meant to be, she's gonna get one hell of a bollockin grom me though if she aint :lol:

Well we are off out now doin what we both love to do

:cheers:

my mate :lol:

Would it not be better to rest her with light exercise(lead walking),Looks a nice bitch BTW

Last edited by a moderator:
springfield said:
Would it not be better to rest her with light exercise(lead walking),Looks a nice bitch BTW
Fair comment, and muchly appreciated, just for the records, she is 23 days today into her mating, now then Jill is one extremely fit bitch, the pics, believe you me are a big climb down to what she's used to doing, until i see visible evidence of her being in pup, im using my discretion and will continue to work her

thank you :cheers:

springfield said:
I was thinking the same thing Lee (w00t)

Has your vet said she carry on working with no risk?

springfield said:

My girls free ran/run and play ball, frisbee etc during pregnancy as I personally think it keeps them supple and helps make the whelping easier :thumbsup: ....... Inca was catching rabbits just over a week before she gave birth ..... She had 5 pups naturally the first time, and 5 pups (then had to have a c section because of a huge boy) and ended up with 8 healthy pups the second time (w00t) ......They'd have to hunt in the wild (not that I could imagine a Whippet living rough :lol: ) ..... loads of :luck: :luck: Jilly, my Connie said you'll be mums virtually together ;)

Strike Whippets said:
springfield said:

My girls free ran/run and play ball, frisbee etc during pregnancy as I personally think it keeps them supple and helps make the whelping easier :thumbsup: ....... Inca was catching rabbits just over a week before she gave birth ..... She had 5 pups naturally the first time, and 5 pups (then had to have a c section because of a huge boy) and ended up with 8 healthy pups the second time (w00t) ......They'd have to hunt in the wild (not that I could imagine a Whippet living rough :lol: ) ..... loads of :luck: :luck: Jilly, my Connie said you'll be mums virtually together ;)

I think this little lady herself will tell me when enough is enough EH :thumbsup:

Not sure Keith, personally, and it is just my view, I would be reluctant to work a bitch that I really desired a litter from. I think that there is a difference between regular excercise and working. I don't think I have ever heard of a racer being entered in competition after visiting the stud dog. Up to you, but if it was mine (and yes, I realise it isn't) I would be having a nice amble around an area where there is no prey. A good reason to take sensible precautions is if there is an accident/incident whilst free runing after bunnies you really wouldn't want to risk your precious cargo being exposed to an anaesthetic for major stitching or repairs.

Just my view, and I wish you well with your potential litter, I daresay there will be individuals who disagree, not to worry :- " .

midlanderkeith said:
Strike Whippets said:
springfield said:

I think this little lady herself will tell me when enough is enough EH :thumbsup:

Thats a beautiful picture of Jill by the stile :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back