The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Goodbye Little Pip

TillynPip

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
We are absolutely heartbroken. Our beautiful little Pip was knocked down on the evening of Monday 16th November. I rushed her to Chestergates Hospital but the following morning we were told the devastating news that MRI scans showed terrible injuries to her spine. A neuro surgeon also looked at her and said the damage was too extensive and too deep to treat. Pip was put to sleep at 11.30am on Tuesday 17th November whilst she was still anaesthetized.

My husband had taken Tilly and Pip on a walk near us that we have done hundreds of times, through woods and fields and well away from roads. He rang me to say that they had suddenly gone missing and I met him to look for them. Tilly can be a bit naughty on recall when she's found something interesting but Pip is fantastic and neither of them ever go wandering off. We both searched and I decided to go back to the car and wait as it was getting dark. I received a call on my mobile to say that they had been found but Pip had been hit by a taxi that hadn't stopped. The driver had left her to die in a water filled ditch on a filthy wet, stormy night. Four or five cars that had witnessed the incident had stopped and a gentleman had waded into the ditch, lifted her out and wrapped her in a towel whilst a lady retrieved her collar and phoned me.

I don't think I have ever felt so wretched in all my life. Pip had an horrendous start to life with her original 'family' and, following a visit by the RSPCA, they had agreed to hand over five of their nine dogs. However, the hand over took the form of them throwing the dogs out of a van on the motorway. When we got Pip she was painfully thin, had gut problems and severe behavioural problems, fear, separation anxiety and wasn't house trained. She learned to trust again and became the gentlest, friendliest and most affectionate dog I have ever had the pleasure of owning. She was Tilly's best friend. When we got Gracie in May, Pip became her playmate, taught her doggy manners and was the lynch pin between Tilly and Gracie. I know they both miss her. AS for us, I shall never forget the look on my youngest daughter's face when we said our last goodbyes to our darling Pip. She was only three years old and deserved to have a long and happy life. I miss her more than I thought possible and there is gap in our lives that will never be filled. Rest in Peace my little girl.

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear about Pip, how devastating for you.

RIP Pip x

I am choked up over this, I'm so, so sorry.

Run free and happy, little Pip, xxxx

Your pain is so palpable, I've tears in my eyes reading this. :( Thank goodness some kind souls retrieved her from where she lay and phoned you. It's our worst nightmare, so sorry it's happened to you, to a dog (family member) that means to much to you and your family.

I'm so sorry! :'(

I'm so sorry, what a devastating thing to happen. All my thoughts are with you at this awful time :(

What a very sad story our throughts and hearts go out to you and your poor family.

R.I.P. Little one and go and run free :wub:

Angela I am so so sorry to hear this.

Pip was a gorgeous girl and I know how special and loved she was by you all.

Sending my love to you,Clive and the girls.

Run free Pip xx

:( oh i am so sorry you have lost Pip, in such a horrid way as well

my thoughts are with you all at this terrible time

xx

Im just so sorry to read this :(

TurboSpud_bridge.jpg

Oh I am so sorry to here this sad sad news. My thoughts are with u and ur family at the horrible time :(

I have tears in my eyes as I type ... and trust me, I'm a tough cookie, that doesn't often happen ... but your post so clearly intimates the terrrible loss you all feel ... and it is a loss for which I offer my deepest heartfelt condolences.

No consolation I know, but Chestergates is not far from us and has been our referral hospital of choice on more than one occasion ... they are the very best and I'm sure would have done everything possible for Pip.

Will be thinking of you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

As I said to you before you have lost a family member and no matter how many dogs you have there all very speacil an all very differnt and Pip will leave a big gap in your family take your time to greave the other dogs need to grave aswell and ajust there pack it take time

Hugs wendy

so very,very sorry ,my heart goes out to you and your family

R.I.P.Pip xx

Run free little one

runningrainbow.gif

how heartbreaking for you I am really sorry that you lost your girl in this awful way - i was trying to read your post to OH but I couldn't manage as I was too choked up as others have said your pain is palpable and a real tribute to how much she was loved - so sorry :(

run free lovely girl

So very sorry to hear this sad news. RIP Pip, sweet dreams little one.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back