The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Got my girl back after being apart for 2 months, is her diet affecting her behaviour?

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
My old yorkie years ago had problems with her anal glands, my vet suggested adding grated raw carrot to her food along with acidophilus, a live bacteria for the gut. It definitely helped, the live bacteria I used to get from our local health shop.

bonios are good roughage for anal glands too

Last edited:
Thanks, she hasn't had any more poop accidents but in past week has had 3 pee accidents 2 in evening and one more understandable at weekend when we had that short heatwave and she drank a lot around bedtime wanted out during night due to it and I woke at 8.30am but needed bathroom myself and heard her whine came out and pee mark on carpet.

The other 2 times were in evening one just tonight, she keeps slipping into being ok for a few hours at a time for both pee and poop for a few weeks then wants out more and more often then repeat.

It's her first pee accidents in i'd say close to a year.

Not sure if shes anxious as I have when stressed raised my voice to her when she has been disruptive in recent months and she walks away from me when I do so and even if I say good girl after she won't come near me for a while.

Not sure if its behaviour related in other ways, she seems to not like squatting when the garden is wet and may come in not doing anything.

She was at vets a few weeks back when I got her IBS tablets to trial on her and they did a pee test and it was clear, noticed she licks herself sometimes though.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back