The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

grey hound puppy

glimpse

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi fellow dog parents, I wonder if any one can point me to right direction. My dog (greyhound) of 11 years passed away early last year and finally I am ready to give a new puppy good home. Not for racing but as addition to the family. i cant find good breeder.
My previous was adopted from my friend when they had to move overseas. Any advise would be great. I am open to give home to retired ex-race hound too depending on their temper due to having 3 yr old son.
I am based in Kent.

I don't have any recommendations (assuming you don't really want to travel to Scotland for one ;)) but wish you luck in your search. Hang tight though, others will be along shortly.

The Retired Greyhound Trust would have a lot of adult greyhounds looking for a new home. Your son being the age he is, a puppy (even if you could get one, which isn't easy) might well be too much hassle for you both.

The Retired Greyhound Trust would have a lot of adult greyhounds looking for a new home. Your son being the age he is, a puppy (even if you could get one, which isn't easy) might well be too much hassle for you both.
Thank you.

You could try contacting the Greyhound Club: Home or British Greyhound Breeders Forum (the latter lists a few breeders): Home

They might be able to suggest good breeders, but you would of course have to make sure that you are really happy with the set-up.

The Kennel Club list one 'assured breeder': Find Assured Breeder | The Kennel Club That may well be show-type rather than racing greyhound, and I don't think being a KC 'assured breeder' on the KC site is a guarantee that the breeder is all you would want.

Good luck in your search.

Yes - show greyhounds are very different from racing types - it's almost two different breeds.

Have you looked at Kent greyhound rescue

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back