The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Greyhound Rescue Petition

boothros

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Karma's Cave (Greyhound Rescue), has got an online petition on the No.10 Downing St. site.

They seem to have fallen foul of the local planning authorities.

The wording of the petition is as follows, and there's a link to the PM's site at the bottom:

"We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to Help Save a Greyhound Sanctuary from Closure that finds itself under extreme pressure from the unscrupulous Planning Department of South Holland District Council in South Lincs.

We have a local ongoing petition here in S. Lincs with approx 2000 signatures to SAVE THE GREYHOUND SANCTUARY which the unscrupulous SHDC see fit to ignore, which is totally in favour of saving the santuary. SHDC accuse the Sanctuary of causing demonstrably harm to the environment and the local village. SHDC have been repeatedly asked to explain their exact objection to the Sanctuary which they have repreatedly failed to do. Which they believe is their right, and also ignore public opinion. Here in Holbeach Drove there are 7 objectee properties 15 supportive properties and approx 30 neutral properties. We have repeatedly asked the Planning Appeal Inspectorate to place this unusual case before the 1 st Secretary of State they have denied this saying that the lives of Greyhounds are not important enough."

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/SAVEMYLIFE/

If you agree with the cause, please sign up to it, and inform your friends and family of it as well.

thats out of order seems like a case opf "not in my back yard"

Good luck with your petition, I hope you manage to save the greyhound sanctuary. Let us know the outcome.

i got one like this from greyhound gap a few weeks back.i sent an email to the council involved but the councils chief executive took the time to reply to me and explain that what they said was happening wasnt and if i wanted a copy of the councils minutes she would gladly send them to me.ive had contact with them since and yet ive heard nothing back from gap so i dont know whats happened but i assume everythings ok or they would have emailed me :blink:

Ive signed the petition hope it helps :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back