The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Greyhound Rescue

kimwhippets

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
did you know that these lovely dogs are being hanged,shot in the head and thrown them out of moving vans in spain? i work for the greyhound rescue and they make nice pets i just wanted to let people know this...

I can testify to this - Greyhounds make the best pets! Mine was an ex-racer and having never seen the inside of a house before took less than a day to work out how it all worked - no mess, no fuss!! She's the most laid back quiet, happy dog and she even gets on with the cat.

If you are thinking about a new dog do go and meet some you won't be disappointed!

Humans are such cruel creatures!!!! :rant: :rant: :rant:

I love greyhounds and one day will definitely rescue one...they are so loving and affectionate, WHY people do have to kill them! and WHY in such cruel ways..!?

Hope those REMOVED go to hell soon (please excuse my language, but reading such stuff makes me so so so angry!)

Last edited by a moderator:
kimwhippets said:
did you know that these lovely dogs are being hanged,shot in the head and thrown them out of moving vans in spain? i work for the greyhound rescue and they make nice pets i just wanted to let people know this...
Yes I have heard this, they are "Galgos" in Spain and some of them are even thrown in to wells alive to starve to death.

Hope those REMOVED go to hell soon (please excuse my language, but reading such stuff makes me so so so angry!)

:oops: ...Sorry....

is there a current campaign going on to stop this cruelty? Would like to sign a petition and send the link to others if there is..

you wont hear any disagreement from me kimwhippets - i have in the past lived with 2 of these beautiful, gentle, noble, silly creatures - i think they should be billed as the perfect city dogs, ideal for those of us without miles of fields for our daily walks (so long as we have comfy sofas and warm fires in the winter)

Anyone wishing to learn about the rescues in Spain should check out the website

www.Greyhoundsinneed.co.uk they work very hard and are always in need of support. Galgos are treated very badly. I am not sure but think a lot of Irish greyhounds are exported to race in Spain and to a terrible end when they are no longer required!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back