The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

greyhound&whippet megastore scratch championship

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
:angry: podge says he will see u later. But as i said carrol has the brains :D

Hi Paul

If it sounds like I am getting agitated it is because the scratch dogs do not get a fair 'crack of the whip' and all I ever hear from people is that they do not want them and they should not be racing. Have you ever seen a no limit dog on the front of the Whippet News because it has won an event? I have won several events and not even ended up with a trophy. What is wrong with having one race meeting of the year where a larger dog will get some credit and even a trophy.

I say good luck to the runners of the event and hope it all goes well.

Gary

:p

your right there gary, its about time someone put up money and trophies for the larger whippets, as i must admit the handicap dogs get trophies as big as a house and the scratch dogs get a brown envelope, just be nice for once for the big uns to get what they deserve ;) i also run smaller whippets too.

I for one like watching the bigger dogs run and over the past couple of years the entries into the no limits etc has increased and has provided some great racing. I will never own one because of my location as there is no racing for them here but me and my family have sponsored the no limits at the Scottish Derby for the past three years. Good luck with the event I am sure it will be a great success. Lets hear it for the big dogs.

:D I AGREE WITH WANT HAS BEEN SAID U ARE ALWAYS GOING TO GET SOMEBODY COMPLAINING AFRAID THEY ARE MISSING OUT ON SOMETHING.WHEN ALL U ARE DOING IS TRYING TO KEEP THE SPORT ALIVE WHY DO U THINK WE CALLED OUR NO LIMIT SOLO

Must be the scottish way of thinking, as like susan i put up the trophys for the scratch at one of the Fordingbrige opens, and they were to keep not return. I love watching all dogs get up to full speed regardless of size.

Peter.

Hi Gary,

Yeah, I reckon you are right...Had the same conversation with Dave, and he put me straight too :) But, didn't Trevors Chaser get a front cover pic?

Anyhow's, didya go to Dinky's yesterday??

Paul

hi paul the dogs ran very well yestoday.thanks for asking As for trevors chaser she ran N W R F under 35 pound not sratch but nice try.

GARY. ;)

scratch racing has been part of our sport a long time now, ive seen us win supremes with a 16 pounder and get paid a class win, unless theres added money ,also won our share of scratch events too and got paid a lott more than we did with little uns, and some lovely teophies ,i dont understand whene people say big uns dont get a fair go in the sport.i love to race all sizes :D

i agree with gaz farmer it is an event which could be held on a yearly basis to find the top scrach dog as i do know myself to have a big dog it can be a handicap how many of you have travelled 100 and odd mile to have 1 race then thats you done where as the smaller dogs you win your heat and have at least a couple of runs i hope it does take off and good luck to all hey i think your all barking mad on here lol :D :p ;)

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE FED PREMIER , 2ND CHANCE AND THE WHIPPET AND GHD MEGASTORE SCRATCH CHAMPIONSHIP WILL NOW BE HELD AT WORCESTER AND NOT AT MELTON.

THANKS

In the early 80's I ran a no limiter, in those days there was no 40lb class if your dog was over 32lb, 35lb fed, you could only scratch race at open level or run at the club. often scratch racing wasn't even part of the event as some times the scratch racers ran heats and the final and were gone before the open was barely started. only dogs upto 32lb could run at a BWRA event the Scratch racers were only allowed if the club hosting the event allowed it, as I said before this was often before the event. trophies were a rareity but enjoyment was common place. there were alot more big dogs that ran at clubs so scratch racing was great fun, it was somthing to strive for to be the scratch dog at your club. in those days at open level you could have a really fast dog that was breaking track records and yes they wouldn't be in the front pages of the whippet news surrounded by trophies , but they were admiresd by fellow racers and much talked about. Now things have moved on for the big un's they are part of the BWRA there are more classes for them to run in, even better they can become sup Rch's. so scratch racers are a inclusive part of whippet racing today. but after saying all that a scatcth event would be great where the main event were the scratch racers but also allowing the smaller racers to run on the day for a smaller trophy of course!

ritchie said:
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE FED PREMIER , 2ND CHANCE AND THE WHIPPET AND GHD MEGASTORE SCRATCH CHAMPIONSHIP WILL NOW BE HELD AT WORCESTER AND NOT AT MELTON.                                    THANKS
Is there any particular reason these events have been moved from Asfordby?

the info i recieved was that melton track was no longer available on that date

;)

READ BETWEEN THE LINES RICHIE SOMEONE UP THERE DONT LIKE BIG DOGSAGAIN :w

who dosnt like big dogs ,i think thats wrong dont know anyone who has anything against them. big dogs are as much apart of our sport as little uns, ive got 16 17 pounders and had some big scratch racers too ,got same reconition with both ,like will says biguns are better of now than 10 year or so ago .dont know what all the fuss is about

After speaking to Mark Sullivan of the Greyhound & Whippet Megastore about the change of venue...Worcester Perdiswell Leisure Centre... and NOT Ashfordby, He has very generously added a presentation jacket to the winner as well as £200 plus trophy.in sponsership already promised What a giant of a man. December 7th. first twenty dogs plus 2 reserves required. 35lbs or more. Don't miss out. 0151 476 3666 Mick.

Sounds Great :D

If there are more than 20 scratch dogs that turn up, do you still get a run if your not within the first 20?

first 20 dogs what yer mean first to turn up or what

do dogs get yard sex allowance. :) andy :8 :c :p :) :D

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back