The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

greyhound&whippet megastore scratch championship

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
with every advert for this event, there has been my phone number. so pick the phone up and book your dog in. first twenty plus two reserves. No sex allowance. It's a scratch championship event. 0151 476 3666 Mick.

If you know anyone with a 35lbs plus dog or bitch, there are still some places for the Greyhound & Whippet Megastore Scr. event.Just a reminder;

4 x 5 dog heats...........2 x 2 dog semi's............1 x 2 dog final.

£150 & Trophy to the winner.plus presentation jacket.

£ 50 & Trophy to the runner up.

Trophy to the third.

Trophy to the fastest Time of the comp.

Cheers Mick.

0151 476 3666.

Last edited by a moderator:
stark said:
are the races open to whippets or greyhounds ? as im not sure what weight the 35 lbs refers to , cos 35lbs is to heavy for a whippet but to light for a greyhound !
I suppose this should really be in general discussion & I know I'm very late coming into it.

However ,there are lot's of show bred peds over 35 pounds. I saw one go round Ellesmere Port in a good time recently & when I picked him up he surprised me. We have one 33 lbs & this one felt much heavier & he isn't that tall either. Admittedly most show dogs aren't down to the ribs but most aren't grossly overweight either.

As Gary Farmer says racing whippets ( both peds & non-peds) must be one of the few working breeds where you can get stuck with the bonniest pup in the litter as the little 'uns get snapped up first.

hi all. Miriam Steel here ,,, I see the argument still continues about whether a 35 lb whippet is still classed as a non descript animal . what people still forget is that the classes for these dogs are for scratch racing and don,t include the little dogs, and visa versa. So what is the problem ? My litters included small and large dogs so how can one dog be a whippet and the other be a greyhound.

Still puzzles me after 3 years of not racing lol.

Happy racing folks xxxx :)

Hi Miriam its been along time since i seen you ..hope you are keeping well

denise

10 days to go, yet another trophy. :D This time kindly donated to the 4th place

from Geoff & Hazel Fletcher. two places left in the line up, which will be drawn in public on the day. Come racing. :D

:( i have booked a dog called slipper to run in this event and unfortunately have to withdraw her as she is lame. she will not run again now till the new year :(

i also have a dog entered but she is unable to run due to injury ..

Looks like i will have to get Kipper out of retirement for this event eh?way its going he wont need much getting ready--is Wonderwall running??steve

Good Luck Kipper in the scratch racing next Sunday.

LOL Rocky

NO HE AINT RUNNING STEVE,HE SAYS TO TELL HIS OLD MATE KIPPER

TO GO GET EM ;)

:D kipper isnt that old he has not long turned veteran :D

never leaves home without them -- they now have go faster stripes on them dee albeit a very yellow looking stripe that could be something else????what who knows

good luck to everyone racing in the ghd/whippet megastore event especially mick clarke who has organised this event and good luck to gary farmer with come on ernie hopefully micks dogs will do well in the competion hopefully bart will run s well for him as he did for me

good luck!!!!! :c

p.s and to you KIPPER ;)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back