The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Gucci's Agility Career Soon To Start!!!!!!

gina

Cesar Millan's next wife
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Well mad as i am Gucci starts her Agility career next Wednesday. She is booked in a beginners course as she is nearly 12 months old so she will be starting jumps with the pole on the ground and contact equipment set very low, incase of any suicidal tendancies (being a typical fearless Iggy that she is :clown: )

I have done some basic training in the garden which has been going well after a very frustrating slow start, she adores the tunnel and will jump the pole on the ground as if it is 2 foot high!!!!! :blink: Her wait at the start is perfect in a down, but she is unsteady in the stand but that will soon change when she is training on wet muddy grass Ha ha :lol: She is scared of the weaves so far so i've left that for a while incase she gets a complex bout them!

So wish me luck, it could be the shortest agility career in the history of mankind or it could be the start of a Crufts partnership :- " :- " I'll keep you posted

Here's some pics of her hiding in the tunnel from a nutty Woody Lurcher! I store the tunnel here and her favourite thing is to zoom in the tunnel, through the tiny gap behind the shed and back round to bite Woody's bum :rant: all at such a speed he doesn't know where to look!!!!

Where's that :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: mad dog gone to now?????!!!!!

good luck Gucci :luck:

fantastic idea with the tunnel - what a brilliant training technique :thumbsup:

perhaps I should do more with mine?

look froward to seeing you both at crufts :- "

:lol: :lol: Didn't spot Gucci in the tunnel until you pointed her out. That's really funny. Good luck with her training!

My Alice's sister - Monelli Mini Me- has been competing in agility since last year with her 8 year old owner Katy.

I haven't been to watch them yet as Katy was very embarrassed that Flora would run out of the ring half way round to greet everyone at the side of the ring! :oops:

But, they have practiced all winter and she now can do the whole course without losing concentration, and can even do the soft tunnel! so I will be going to watch and cheer them on this year :wub:

Flora lives with 8 agility Border Collies, and Katy's mum Jane, who trains the 'team' says that training Flora has been 'challenging' but fun! :clown:

Good luck with Gucci's training- you won't have a dull moment! :luck:

Liz and the Monellis

:thumbsup: That's fantastic and gives me some hope!!!! Hope to maybe meet Flora and Katy at some shows, where bouts are they from, as i only tend to travel approx 2 hrs max from the Manchester area to shows. If Katy has any helpful hints and tips i would be most grateful!!! :- " I wonder how long it has taken to train her to her current show level then? Any pics of Flora doing agility???

Hi Gina,

Well unfortunately Flora disgraced herself at a show at the weekend :b !

On the first course, she decided she did not want to bother herself with the weaves half way through, and there was a very interesting smell just beside them! She did eventually finish the course but jumped an obstacle the wrong way and was eliminated! :oops:

On the second course, she didn't even bother to start- just ran off and had a poo in the ring! :rant: Which is something you DON'T do in agility apparently...Poor Katy left the ring in tears :(

They compete mainly in the south of England, up to about Northampton area I think, so unfortunately you won't get to witness the spectacle :- " But I will go and watch soon and just pretend Flora's nothing to do with me...

Liz and the Monellis

:D (w00t) Reading that had made me laugh and cry, i KNOW i will be writing exactly the same story after our first brave entry at our first show (that is if we ever get that far!!!!!!)

Naughty little Flora, fancy pooping in the ring-i hadn't even considered THAT problem, oh it gets worse and worse!!!! I might give up now while i still have some credability at the shows!!!!! Tell Katy it can only get better and Flora will soon be flying round the ring, in the right direction hopefully!!!! (w00t)

Well Gucci's training has yet to start it keeps getting put back by the trainers (anything to do with a certain crazy mad Iggy they gotta train!!!!) it is next monday now so i'll keep you posted.

I thought i'd let Woody demonstrate how it should be done, can you see the fear in her eyes as she thinks "Jesus mummy you don't expect me to jump THAT high do you???????????!!!!!!!!!!)

Well, good luck with the agility! I do it here (in Canada) with my dogs, and have moderate success, and we all love it.

Christine

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back