The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Hancock Dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I have to totaly agree with the socializing part at least,as ive seen and judged quite a few of these over here in Ireland.But the thing is,that a pup is usualy with its new owner at the age of 10 weeks or so.And there should be time to sort that out before it becomes a problem.If the pup is so bad when it arrives at its new home,then it should be returned.The problem seems to be that most of his pups are bought over the phone and not vewed on the farm with mum or dad.And one of the problems you then have,is not knowing what or who the parents are.Cause if he sells a couple out of so n so,and they turn out good,which is doubtfull,then all of a sudden he has pups out of that dog n bitch ready to go.(Funny that).Now in saying all that.In the last show that i judged,there was a beutiful pair of 3/4 breds in the ring,They had caught my eye even before the show had started.Not so much the dog.But the bitch looked everything that i for one would want in a lurcher.A real looker,the perfect all rounder.When she came in the ring and i had the chance to run my eye's and hands over her ,i still felt the same way.The lad who had her,to my knowledge told me no lies about her ,cause i made it my buisness to find out a bit about her ,before the final,from people in the know.At the end of the day i still feel that i made the right decision when giving her suppreme champion.I might add that i tried to buy her,but she wasnt for sale.This was just one in a few hundred that this man churns out,year after year.The very odd one make's good,and this is what keeps him going.But to be honest,you'd be better off trying to breed the next Dearby winner.The chances of a good one would be much better anyway.I have often wondered,if id been told that the bitch was Hancock bred,and hadnt found out a bit about her,would i still have put her up?

Last edited by a moderator:
THE FATHER TO MY PUPS IS A 3 QUARTER HANCOCK AND IS ONE OF THE BEST DOGS IVE SEEN HE IS HERE AND CAN BE TRUSTED WITH ANYTHING I CANT FAULT HIS WORK AND HE HAS DONE BRILLIANT IN THE YEAR HE DID THE SHOWS BUT HE IS A WORKING DOG SO THERE IS SOME GOOD HANCOCK DOGS ITS THE OWNERS

markbrick said:
THE FATHER TO MY PUPS IS A 3 QUARTER HANCOCK AND IS ONE OF THE BEST DOGS IVE SEEN HE IS HERE AND CAN BE TRUSTED WITH ANYTHING I CANT FAULT HIS WORK AND HE HAS DONE BRILLIANT IN THE YEAR HE DID THE SHOWS BUT HE IS A WORKING DOG SO THERE IS SOME GOOD HANCOCK DOGS ITS THE OWNERS
Its good to see there's at least one other sane lurcher man in the world.All those other crannies in there bed at this time of the morning.What you doin up Mark

billyboy45 said:
markbrick said:
Its good to see there's at least one other sane lurcher man in the world.All those other crannies in there bed at this time of the morning.What you doin up Mark

Opps ,sorry ,ive just checked and youve gone to bed too.Lucky for some.Ive got to sit up with a pup who's broken the four metatarsils in his front left a few days ago.Ive had to sit up every night now since it happened as hes a whinger,a very loud one at that,and if he's left for a minute ,he starts singin. ...Billy...

billyboy45 said:
billyboy45 said:
markbrick said:

Opps ,sorry ,ive just checked and youve gone to bed too.Lucky for some.Ive got to sit up with a pup who's broken the four metatarsils in his front left a few days ago.Ive had to sit up every night now since it happened as hes a whinger,a very loud one at that,and if he's left for a minute ,he starts singin. ...Billy...

SORRY TO HEAR THAT BILLY BUT YOUR IN BED NOW I BET GOODNIGHT AND HAVE A NICE SLEEP

I bought a blue merle dog off Hancock 3 years ago he sold him to us cheap becaouse he had a torn ear. Hancock stated that because of the ear damage (which in my opinion was superficial) the dog was going to be put to sleep. This was my first purchase of a running dog and being sympathetic aswell as naive i handed over the cash. Archie was a fantastic dog with such character, he made a good lamp dog and mooching companion, aswell as a household pet. However it was a constant battle to find a diet that suited him for he was always a very sickly dog. With tremendous regret and heartache we had to put him down due to an enormous tumour in his bowels, which the vet said he would have had from birth. He was just 2.5 years old at the time! Now is that good breeding? i dont think so!

Enthusiasm is the enemy of the bargain :- "

:huggles:

undefined
bappit said:
Enthusiasm is the enemy of the bargain :- " :huggles:

I bought a lovely 5/8x3/8 Greyhound/Bearded Collie pup from Hancock when she was 8 weeks old.After 4 weeks with me,she had to go to my vet and he was appalled at her condition and it cost me £400 to get her well again.She had just about every desease a puppy could have and the vet knew of the condition she had been born into.I was proud to say,she grew up tobe the best dog i,ve ever owned but sadly her life was short lived and she died whilst out on a run,aged just 4years.It broke my heart and the vet said that the appalling condition that had started her life,took a great toll on her heart and it had never recoverd.She died as her name suggests,swift and sure.Pernix

Last edited by a moderator:
a lad my boyfriend knows had a hancock dog 28inch. that was very useful on deer. wasnt very good with other dogs. nor rabbits, or hare. but did a few fox then broke its neck running a stag.

Having removed a lot of posts which break posting rules I am now closing this thread as I think everyone has made their point by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back